𝚝𝚠𝚘

Chapter two; Jazzy and William

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹ 

Jasmine's hands pulled at the yellow and black tie as she fixed it yet again at the base of her neck. She reached for the black sweater pulling it over her head and fixing her hair immediately after. After she fastened the prefect pin on the left side of her sweater she looked again in the mirror. She attempted a smile at herself and the tiredness just seeped through it. She cringed at the visible black circles under her eyes, which showed that she never got enough sleep.

Her eyes travelled across the room and showed jealousy at the two peaceful figures still cosily nestled into their beds. Jasmine grumbled quietly before she left the dorm and ventured outside to the cold early morning corridors. She never understood why there were weakly prefect meetings, something weird must have crawled in this year's Head Girl. Usually, they got patrol timetables once every few weeks so they knew when duties are timed.

Jasmine pulled the sleeves of the sweater over her entire hands before securing her arms around her torso. She wished she could go back and put on another thicker sweater but if she did that she would get an earful for being late. Prefects are the spitting image of what every Hogwarts student should be. Jasmine repeated the words in her head and couldn't help but scowl at them.

''What a load of bollocks, if you ask me.'' She muttered unaware she was in hearing range of another student. Her head whipped to her right as she heard a quiet chuckle bounce off the walls of the corridor.

''Good morning, Jass.'' Lily's sing-song voice welcomed her.

''Morning.'' Jasmine offered her a tight-lipped smile.

Her eyes noticed the warm robes surrounding Lily and she hugged herself tighter, trying not to shudder. They walked silently side by side to the entrance of the Great Hall. There a group formed a half circle with one girl and one boy standing in front of them. Lily and Jasmine joined the group just as the Head Girl started her speech.

This year she was from Ravenclaw and Jasmine continued to believe, that the older girl spent her summer since she found out she was Head Girl, fantasizing about her job post and how she could change things. Now her fantasies were surely executed just as she wished.

During the rather not important and way too long speech, Lilly brought her hand around Jasmine and tried to warm the freezing girl up. Jasmine shot her a thankful smile in return and stepped even closer to her friend.

''This is the schedule for this week, stick to it!'' The Ravenclaw waved with a piece of parchment in front of their faces before giving it to the first fifth year in front of her. She then turned around and pulled Head Boy with her.

Lily tried to stand on her tiptoes to look over the heads of all students, but soon gave up and waited for her turn. Once the paper got to the older students the girls finally neared it.

''Morning Remus, what's this week's deal?'' Lily approached the boy, who held the timetable and he slightly tilted it so her green eyes could scan over it.

Jasmine stayed behind her, respectfully waiting and silently praying she didn't end up again with a younger, very much annoying, Slytherin. The Head Girl was all about equality and paired people for possible affairs so she mixed everyone up so no one would be from the same house on patrols.

Lily's head excitedly whipped around and grabbed Jasmine's wrist, almost gripping it too tightly. ''You're with me, Jass.''

The brunette couldn't even answer, a smile appearing on her face as well, before she was dragged away from the lingering group to fulfil their patrol. While walking Lily called goodbye to Remus, which made Jasmine turn her head around as well. She managed to catch a small smile and wave from him before she disappeared around a corner, still being dragged by Lily.