𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter one hundred nine; The set up

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The moon was shining bright on the deep dark night sky, spattered with millions of bright stars as if it was a painting masterfully created by an unknown artist. Jasmine felt the cold breeze on her skin and how her hair softly swayed with it. The softest of smiles was permanently etched on her face as she was seeking warmth in the person standing beside her. Remus had his arm wrapped around Jasmine, standing hip to hip to stay that tad bit warmer in the cold night. His hand was ever so softly grazing her side and his head was leaning on hers. Both watched the starry night sky without sharing any words. They didn't need to, the company was enough to feel comfortable and exactly where they wanted to be on top of the astronomy tower.

''I don't know why we don't do this more often,'' Jasmine spoke.

''Maybe because it's so cold.'' Remus chuckled.

Jasmine shared the laugh with him before she curled even closer into his embrace. She briefly looked up and it was enough to notice the slackness of Remus' expression as he stared forward in front of him. ''Are you alright, Rem?'' She softly kissed his cheek.

A smile immediately appeared on his face when he felt the kiss. ''Yes, why do you ask?''

''Well, you have this brooding look on your face as you stare. It looks like you have something on your mind.''

Remus softly rubbed Jasmine's back and faked a smile. ''I always have something on my mind. You don't need to worry about me.''

''But you would tell me if something was wrong?'' Jasmine could not keep her eyes off of him.

Remus chuckled. ''Yes, of course. Where is this coming from, Jass?'' He looked at her intently.

She shrugged. ''I don't know. It's just –'' She had to mull over whatever she was about to say before actually uttering out. ''You know things haven't exactly been the same lately. Ever since... you know.''

She didn't need to say it, it was like the drama became such a big thing in their lives they didn't even need to name it for everyone to know what they were talking about. It felt wrong and everyone felt it, especially Jasmine. She was trying extra hard to fix things but they just didn't want to go her way. When it came to Remus everything was even much more complicated. He became such a mystery to her about his emotions that she couldn't help herself but ask him multiple times if he was alright. She hated that he was hiding things from and she partially blamed herself if he didn't deem her trustworthy enough to relay all his feelings on her.

''I know.'' Remus sighed but said nothing more.

''I love you,'' Jasmine whispered and placed another kiss on his cheek.

This time Remus' smile reached his eyes. He turned his face and captured her lips with his. ''I love you too.''

The creak of the door to the tower interrupted the little moment they were having and both of them turned their heads towards the entrance. Since it was dark it was hard to see if someone came on the tower or if it was just the wind that caused the noise to emit. Remus became cautionary, making up excuses in his head in case any of the professors is about to give them a detention for being out of bed at such a late hour.

''What the fuck are you doing here?'' Remus completely unravelled himself from Jasmine and stood with his back to the railing and hands balled up into fists by his sides.

Sirius slowly stepped out of the darkness and was shined on by the moonlight. It was clear that nerves were coursing through his whole body as he was taking very tentative steps and kept on playing with his hands in front of him.