𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Chapter forty-two; The confrontation

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine's feet were thumping on the ground as she was running across the stone floors. She rounded a corner and nearly slipped but she kept ongoing. By the time she ran up the third set of stairs she already started cursing under her breath as she thought she already ran across the whole school but she still couldn't find the one, she was searching. It was almost the end of evening prefect patrol so all the halls were empty. She also had to hurry up if she didn't want to end up alone again. Finally, when she arrived at the third floor she saw a pair of students walking towards her at the end of the hall. She didn't want to stop there so she ran the rest of the way and skidded to a quick stop.

She didn't even take a moment to breathe from the long run. ''Quick! You have to get Head Girl! There are two Slytherin prefects having a duel near the dungeons and I couldn't stop them.'' Jasmine stressed very quickly in one breath to the sixth year Ravenclaw girl that was standing before her.

The blonde widened her eyes and had to take a step back from the surprise. She stood there in shock and Jasmine nearly groaned. ''Hurry!'' She urged.

The blonde finally moved and nodded before she turned around and ran back the other way. A satisfied smile appeared on Jasmine's lips as she watched the girl disappear. Then she turned her head a little and was met with a confused expression on Remus. His eyebrows were scrunched up as he observed Jasmine and he couldn't quite make anything out of this situation. He opened his mouth to voice his confusion, but somehow words just wouldn't come out.

Jasmine chuckled sheepishly. ''There is no duel. I just wanted to make her go away.'' She gestured to the end of the hallway where the Ravenclaw disappeared.

Remus closed his mouth but the confusion was still yet to be cleared off his features. The plan was great as Jasmine thought about it in her head. She sent a Ravenclaw to get the Head Girl who was in the same house as the prefect and then she directed them to the very other end of Hogwarts emitting any chance they will cross paths with Remus and her. And after that came the complicated part. The one Jasmine also thought many times over and every time it had a different outcome.

At the close inspection Remus looked far from being in the mood to talk to Jasmine at that moment. The more time that passed the more she noticed how he was almost searching for an excuse to get away and to leave her there. She frowned a little thinking back how she used to avoid him, wanting to cut all ties. Now she knew how he felt at that time. But this was still a bit different as she knew the exact reason Remus was avoiding her. What she thought was true.

Remus wanted to say something and leave, but he found his feet glued to the floor. Jasmine did just create a situation that would be perfect for them to talk but Remus was silent. He thought he disgusted her because he told her what monster he is. She left so abruptly when he told her and she was pretty shocked. So he took matters into his own hands and stopped talking to her altogether to spare himself even so much hurtful feelings he would receive if she would tell him that he's a monster and she wants nothing to do with him. It hurt either way because he thought he was slowly losing a very important person very close to him.

Jasmine's frown turned into a sympathetic smile. She knew Remus well enough by that time to notice when he was having doubtful thoughts in his head. So she decided not to speak. Jasmine stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Remus, pulling him in a warm hug. She felt him stiffen and stay like that for a few moments too. So she held on tighter and leaned her head on his shoulder to give it more effect.

Slowly but surely Remus' arms also wrapped around Jasmine's frame, holding on tight. He missed her touch and he didn't know how much until that point. Jasmine slowly ran her hand up and down Remus's back as he started relaxing more and more burying his face in her shoulder as well.