𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Chapter ninety-eight; Unusual bond

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

''Don't worry, I'll be fine.'' Jasmine reassuringly squeezed Remus' hands.

He sighed deeply through his nose and looked at the floor between them. ''I just can't believe you're going back there again.''

Jasmine frowned. For a few seconds, she let the loud noise of the train station reach her ears. She and Remus were standing amidst the crowd, facing each other and holding hands just before each of them would depart home for the Christmas holidays. Their friends weren't far off, saying goodbye to each other as well as not all of them will be able to see each other during the week. With that in mind, everyone was going home, including Jasmine and she couldn't assure Remus enough that he had nothing to be scared of.

''It's only for this afternoon. I'll be out of the house as soon as I gather whatever still belongs to me there. And besides, my dad won't even be home.'' She tried again. ''Then I'll go to Fawleys' and hopefully survive these holidays.''

Remus finally nodded before he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly. ''I'll still see you for Christmas Eve, right?'' He muttered against her shoulder.

Jasmine smiled. She was excited and scared at the same time that she'll finally meet Remus' parents for a proper dinner. ''Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world.'' They both leaned away from the hug and met in the middle again for a sweet kiss.

Robyn had already gone home as her mum had to pick her and the twins up. Along with Cece, their youngest, the four of them were a handful and there was no wonder why Mrs Dixon wanted out of the crowded train station as soon as possible. Jasmine stepped up to Lily and hugged her goodbye as well. The redhead was going home for the holidays and she decided to introduce James to her family for the first time. She wasn't too ecstatic about it considering that also included her sister Petunia and her new fiancé. Considering what Petunia's attitude towards wizards was she expected nothing else from her fiancé and expressed her thoughts to Jasmine that she wishes the meeting to go well.

Sirius had no major plans apart from lazy-ing around at Potters' home and possibly visiting Remus once together with James and Peter. The whole group decided to exchange gifts for Christmas when they come back to Hogwarts for the new semester so they still had time to buy everything for everyone.

Jasmine offered the group one last wave as they all exchanged goodbyes before she apparated away. Her boots crunched on the snow as she landed on the short pathway that led to the front of the house. One look at it and it was almost like no one lived inside. There were no Christmas decorations, no lights or no snowman built outside on the lawn. Her mum was the one who took care of that all the time, her dad could care less so that's why there was a lack of everything this year. There were no footprints in the soft bed of snow either which made Jasmine wonder if anyone even got in or out of the house since it has fallen.

She gripped the strap of her overnight bag tighter and trekked up to the front door. The wards gave in easily as she passed them and in no time the warmth from the house surrounded her as she shut the door behind her. Small pattering feet sounded immediately and Jasmine smiled as Tinker and Tasha rushed into the foyer. Relief washed over the elves' faces when they came to a stop.

''Oh, Miss Jasmine!'' cried Tasha.

''Tinker and Tasha were so worried!'' Tinker added and they both ran forward hugging Jasmine's legs.

Jasmine patted both of them comfortingly. ''I'm alright. But I'm not here for long. How are you two holding up?''

''Not for long? Tasha doesn't understand.'' Tasha looked up with her big round eyes.