𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Chapter eighty-three; Defence and Wandlore

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

''Viv! Leo!'' Jasmine exclaimed as she saw the twins walking down the hall opposite her. She crossed it to meet the two younger students and as if she hadn't spent the last week of summer holidays with them they hugged her nonetheless.

''I wanted to congratulate you on making it in Gryffindor.'' Jasmine smiled at them. Viv and Leo looked at each other with big goofy grins but didn't say anything else in return. ''Now, knowing Robyn she already gave you the 'big sister talk' and listed all the things not to do at Hogwarts,'' the twins nodded simultaneously which only confirmed Jasmine's suspicions and she couldn't help to chuckle. ''but I'll let you in on a little secret.''

A sparkle went through Viv's bright blue eyes and she ever so slowly inched closer to hear what Jasmine had to say.

''For as long as I can remember Robyn was the one trying to fool the rules and find loopholes and if I was a better judge she could almost land in Gryffindor too when she came to Hogwarts. So if she ever gives you two a hard time just remind her that it was me who dragged her out of detentions all the time.''

''Robyn had detentions before?'' Leo asked surprised.

''She never said?'' Jasmine raised her eyebrows.

Both Viv and Leo shook their heads. ''Whenever mama and papa asked she said no.''

''Interesting.'' Jasmine mused. ''Now, it's better if you hurry along for your first class, you two don't want to be late. As long as you two are good at school, I'm sure all the other trouble will magically disappear as well. And if it doesn't, just find me.'' She winked for good measure.

Viv and Leo smiled again, saying 'thank you' over and over before they circled around Jasmine and hurried along down the hallway and towards their first class. Jasmine chuckled quietly and wondered how different the school will be with two new Gryffindor trouble makers. Somehow, if the twins both ended in Gryffindor it was like a recipe for problems and pranks. Not so long ago Fabian and Gideon Prewett attended Hogwarts as well and were both in Gryffindor. While they were super-intelligent, they were also the core inspiration for most of the Marauders' pranks.

Jasmine turned on her heels when she heard a mocking gasp behind her. ''Was Jasmine Clara Pearson giving new fresh students directions on how to break the rules?'' Remus joked, a fake shocked expression on his features.

Jasmine pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest, fighting to keep a smile off her face. ''Nothing of the sorts. I was just making sure they knew how to have fun at Hogwarts.''

Remus dropped his act and laughed lightly before offering his hand to Jasmine. She didn't hesitate to lace their fingers together as he pulled her with him in the direction of their first lessons of the day that they conventionally shared. Jasmine looked to her right at Remus as they walked and saw the smile that kept tugging at his lips and she raised a curious eyebrow.

''What got you in such a happy mood?'' She asked.

Remus turned his head to look at her. ''You.''

Jasmine quickly averted her eyes and prayed that her cheeks would not redden at a simple compliment. ''You flatter me, Rem.''

His other hand reached towards her chin and tilted her head up so she would look at him. He smiled sideways at the blush on her cheeks, loving that he was the reason for it. ''It's true. I'm just happy you're here with me, holding my hand and talking to me.''

''Now you're just boosting your own ego. If I go a step further I could say you're rather narcissistic.'' Jasmine snickered and said that purely for joking purposes.