𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Chapter one hundred eight; Hallway anger tantrums

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine kept on staring at the empty space at the table at breakfast. It was where Sirius was supposed to sit but as always, at least for the recent time, it was empty. She couldn't shake the strange feeling of something missing. He always sat next to James, James next to Lily, opposite Jasmine, Remus and Peter and on the other side of Jasmine Robyn, if she was there too. It didn't feel complete. She had barely seen him, he's not sleeping in the dorm with the guys, he doesn't come to eat the meals at the Great Hall, but he does attend classes. Only he always sits at the very back as far away from the whole group as possible.

''Still nothing?'' Lily asked as she sat down next to James. She locked eyes with Jasmine for a split second and Jasmine shook her head.

While normally James would greet his girlfriend with a kiss, this time he only let out a sigh. ''This is getting out of hand.'' He grumbled. ''Sirius should be here with us.''

''Can we talk about something else, please?'' Remus asked without raising his eyes from the plate of food in front of him. There was no pleading present in his voice, it was more annoyed than anything else.

''No. We are not going to talk about something else. This needs to be fixed, we can't go on like this anymore.'' James burst out with a surge of assertion.

The look Remus sent him after that could kill him. But he didn't say anything else.

''You need to fix this.''

''I don't intend on fixing anything.'' Remus shrugged unimpressed.

James groaned out loud. ''Pads is my best friend too. This is really unhealthy and yes, I do worry about him. I miss him being with us.''

''So, you're taking his side then?'' Remus dropped the fork he was holding and it clattered loudly on his plate.

''For fuck's sake I am not taking his side, Moony. If you two asses weren't so arrogant and stupid you would see that your little anger tantrum affects all of us around you. This whole fucking group is broken.''

Jasmine and Lily looked at each other with slightly widened eyes. Their boyfriends were making a bit of a scene in the Great Hall but neither seemed to notice it. They knew better to intervene, the boys seemed like they needed to get some things off their chests.

''Why don't you go yell at him too? I'm not the only one at fault here.'' Remus muttered.

''Don't you think I would if I could? I have no goddamn idea where he is!'' James' frustration was showing through his voice. ''You need to talk to him.''

''Consider this Prongs,'' Remus dangerously spat his nickname, ''how would you feel if Wormtail suddenly confessed his undying love for Lily, hm?''

Peter, sitting on the other side of Remus, looked like a deer caught in headlights. He opened his mouth to protest but he never got the chance to say anything.

James didn't even look at him, he only seemed to stare directly at Remus. ''So?'' He looked unimpressed. ''I don't care.''

''I don't think you would react that way if it was actually true.'' Remus didn't back down.

''Of course, I would. I trust Wormtail. I trust you, I trust Pads. And above all I trust Lily. I have literally nothing to worry about. Don't you trust Jasmine?''

Remus answered without looking at her. ''I do trust her, it's – ''

''Oh, so it's Padfoot you don't trust?'' James taunted. Remus gritted his teeth. ''You know, he sure trusts you with his life every month when he's out there protecting you when you have your transformations! I think you need to reassess your thoughts a little, Moony.''