𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Chapter one hundred seven; Early bird

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine's fist banged loudly on the wooden door. She tried the handle, but it was obviously locked, cursing in her head why would someone lock their dorm during the night.

''Jasmine, calm down. They are obviously still sleeping.'' Lily stopped her and grabbed her arm so she would stop banging. Lily was the first one Jasmine threw out of bed at six in the morning. And she planned to throw out guys as well.

''I don't care. They'll have to get up for classes soon enough.'' She dismissed her friend and banged even more on the door.

Lily sighed from tiredness and took a step aside. What Jasmine didn't realise was that it was the weekend and there were no classes and no reason to be awake at such an early hour. Finally, the lock clicked and the door swung open. James was standing there without his glasses and a messy head of hair. He had to blink a couple of times and could only make out silhouettes with his blurry vision.

''Jasmine? Lily? What the hell?''

Jasmine didn't waste a moment and barged into the dorm, opening the curtains before her movements became almost frantic. Lily stepped up to James and apologised quickly. Then they watched as Jasmine threw the remainder of the sleepy boys out of their beds. Sirius' bed was empty, it was clear that he hadn't slept in it for a while due to his and Remus' argument. Peter rolled off and toppled on the floor, the blanket wrapped tightly around him. Remus stumbled over his own feet, dizzy and delirious as Jasmine pulled him out of the bed. She searched his bed first, went through all the drawers, the box at the end of the bed and threw out all the clothes. Then she moved on to the next bed, making everything even messier than it was before. The guys watched her for a couple of minutes completely stunned, only half believing that it was actually happening. Peter thought he was still asleep and dreaming everything.

''Lily, what's going on? What is she searching for?'' James wrapped his arm around his girlfriend.

Lily frowned and leaned into him. ''I don't know. I thought by the time that we'll come to your dorm she'll explain it to me but she barely said any word except that she's clearly panicking. She woke me up in the exact same way.''

James looked at Remus. ''Moony, does this have anything to do with –?'' He vaguely motioned between him and his stressed-out girlfriend.

Remus only helplessly watched. He didn't react in any way which led others to believe that the situation between Remus, Sirius and Jasmine has not progressed at all. It's been a few long and hard days for the whole group. The tension was high and none of them barely spoke at all.

''Jasmine, what are you looking for?'' James finally spoke for everyone in the room.

There wasn't an object in the room left unturned when Jasmine stopped as if something clicked inside her. Her state was fearful looking. She had messy hair, she was still in her pyjamas and constant worry was present on her features.

''The picture.'' She let out desperately. Then she rummaged through Remus' bed some more.

The group looked at each other with confused glances. ''What pic –?''

''The old black and white picture! I can't find it anywhere! It's not in my coat pocket, it's not in my uniform, it's not anywhere in my dorm. It's not in Lily's dorm, it's not here! Why is it not here? Who has it? Who stole the picture?'' Jasmine looked at them and searched them with her eyes. ''Where else could it be? I can't think of another place to search! I've looked everywhere!''