𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

Chapter thirty-five; What does the C stand for?

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The first time Jasmine was alone with Remus again was during prefect patrol. By some sheer luck they got appointed the same hall and since it was after dinner no-one would be there and they could talk all they wanted. From the start, they were rather quiet and the atmosphere was kind of awkward. It was like their first-ever prefect patrol together as both had to deeply search their minds of what to say. But after a little time, they fell into their usual laughs and jokes feeling like nothing has changed at all. The time of their patrol flew by extremely fast but neither of them was quite ready to head off to sleep.

Jasmine's sleep schedule was more ruined than ever. At the evenings she couldn't sleep no matter what and in the morning when she wanted to, she had to get up for classes. But if it meant that she would stay up late to have more time with Remus she was more than glad to do it. They steered their path to the kitchens, this being the space they felt most comfortable in and it was lesser of a chance to get caught. Even though it was easy to come up with an excuse as to why they were there at a late hour.

''I heard James and Lily have a date tomorrow,'' Remus said, sitting on one of the counters.

Jasmine was opposite him leaning back on her hands. She always had to do something while she was in the kitchens, she could never just sit there. To prove the point a cookie batter was rising in a bowl right next to Jasmine, waiting to be baked. She smiled, remembering that tomorrow was Hogsmeade day and that it is already a week from the day Lily asked James out.

''I still only half believe that she actually asked him. How did he take it?'' She asked with curiousness laced into her words.

Remus first let out a few chuckles, remembering the moment they found out. ''He came into the dorm, broom in his hand and he had this sort of dazed look on his face. We asked what's wrong but he didn't reply. Then he dropped the broom and fell down on his bed still kind of motionless until Padfoot was finally able to get it out of him. Even when he answered 'I'm going on a date with Lily' it was like his soul was not in his body. She completely shocked him.''

Jasmine laughed at the little story imagining how it actually went. Remus shook his head laughing too.

''How come a sudden change in the heart with Lily? I was quite surprised too.'' Remus continued wanting to know just why Lily decided to go on a date with him.

Besides the fact that Lily through a game at the party admitted she doesn't find James annoying, she still gave this upfront feeling that she hated him.

Jasmine leaned up more straight. ''She believes that if she goes through this one date, he'll stop annoying her and asking her out every single waking moment. But I don't know, the closer we got to tomorrow the more anxious she was about it.'' She shrugged, thinking Lily felt a good kind of anxious. The feeling when you're expecting something good to happen.

''James is a wreck. Today all four of us had to be in the dorm before dinner so he could show us all the different outfits he chose for the date.'' Remus said, trying hard to contain chuckles in him.

Jasmine's jaw dropped in surprised disbelief. While Lily was not like that, she barely wanted to talk about, Jasmine never thought James would be this much overreacting. A laugh left her lips as she pushed off the counter. She grabbed the bowl with the cookie batter and moved it to the counter Remus was sitting on. He watched her intently as she started shaping the biscuits and placing them on the tray. She looked content and relaxed doing her favourite thing and it was always a plus to have some company.