𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Chapter forty-three; Secret admirer

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Robyn had to shake Jasmine violently a couple of times before she managed to at least get a murmur from the girl. She also thought of pushing her off the bed as an only liable solution but she refrained herself from doing that. Then she picked up her wand and cast aguamenti, which sprayed out cold water that landed all over Jasmine. The said girl gasped and immediately pushed on her hands to sit up in her bed.

Her mind was still sleepy but the cold helped with waking that up too. Robyn looked very proud of herself as she smiled down at her friend with arms crossed on her chest. Jasmine glared at her and reached for her own wand, casting a drying spell before rolling in the duvet again.

''No, no, no missy! It's time to get up! Come on I'm hungry!'' Robyn complained and with all her strength pulled at Jasmine's arm.

That resulted in Jasmine tangling in her comforter before she toppled on the ground with a loud thud. A low sound of pain escaped her but she remained laying on the floor. Robyn didn't doubt even for a second that Jasmine's tiredness was a result of her spending nights out time and time again. Everyone expected Robyn to be the rebellious one as she always had comebacks for anyone who challenged her and looked beautifully fierce all and all. But surprisingly Jasmine was the one to break the rules more just because she knew she was safe being a prefect. She also knew every loophole in the list of rules that existed at Hogwarts.

A bit of time passed and finally, Robyn's persuasiveness got them both to their walk to the Great Hall for breakfast. Robyn grabbed Jasmine's hand as soon as the lighter brunette was starting to turn to the Hufflepuff table.

''Come on, let's eat with the Gryffindors today.'' She gently tugged her arm.

Jasmine didn't complain but she still drew her eyebrows together in confusion. Her eyes travelled across the hall and then it hit her, what her sleepy mind obviously forgot over the night. The whole gigantic room was in the colour red, the ceiling was enchanted to portray the orangey-red sunrise as everywhere you looked there were strings of red hearts hanging from one wall to the other. Today was Valentine's day, and the Great Hall seemed in great spirit for it.

It wasn't hard to spot where Robyn was headed to, as the very familiar group of boys was already sat there. Jasmine and Robyn each walked on opposite sides of the table and Jasmine sighed of relief when she found Lily sitting a seat down from Marauders. Robyn sat down next to Sirius and across from her was an open seat for Jasmine.

''Happy Valentine's day boys!'' Robyn addressed everyone before she pulled Sirius in for a kiss that was not just a simple peck.

Jasmine shuddered a little and looked away. She was fine with the affection, but not this much from what they were doing. At the thought of the kiss, Jasmine's eyes flickered across the table until she locked them with now so familiar green eyes. She offered Remus a small smile but looked away before she could blush and attract too much attention to them. It was the day for love and affection and of course, she was very much conscious of what she and Remus were. In moments like these, she wanted to forget that someone like William existed and she wanted to show everyone how much she adored Remus. Jasmine's trance was broken as Lily moved on the left next to her and brought her in for a tight hug.

''Someone's in a good mood today.'' Jasmine chuckled patting Lily's back and slowly releasing from the hug.

Lily smiled at her brightly before she continued to eat the food on her plate. Jasmine from the corner of her eye saw James moved his head and tried to look over Jasmine to see Lily. But he did just that and didn't comment or be arrogant or anything. Yet.