𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Chapter fifty-two; Detention

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

The door to the classroom shut close very loudly followed by echoing footsteps in the room. McGonagall looked from the parchment, her eyes settling on the student that just came into her class.

''Ah, Miss Pearson, how nice of you to join us.'' She said, eyes checking the clock sideways as in fact, she was late.

Jasmine didn't say anything in return she just held her glance at the professor for a little while. Then she advanced to the front and sat down on the desk to the far left as all the others were already occupied. James, Remus, Sirius and Peter all followed her with their eyes. It was Saturday also known to them as detention day. A very unfair detention day, as Jasmine hadn't done a single thing to deserve it, she was even hurt as a consequence yet her ass was still sitting there with no way of escape. Because she thought all of it was unfair she also didn't care to come on time.

Jasmine only stared at the desk in front of her with a big angry frown on her face. Her side has got better and it didn't hurt her anymore but other than that her face looked worse than it did the day in the Hospital Wing. Her left cheek still sported a cut that was red and purple at the sides, presenting a bruise from the hard slap she received. Her eyes were red and at times she could barely keep them open during the day.

She spent nights awake because every time she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep, her father appeared in front of her and her cheek started stinging again. She usually stared at the canopy above her, tears streaming down her face, while her features were emotionless. Not a day since she fought with William passed that she didn't cry because that's all that she thought about.

''Well, now that we're all here I can start the clock,'' McGonagall said and wrote down the starting time.

''Wait,'' Jasmine spoke up with a croaky voice. Everyone turned to her and she quickly cleared her throat to improve her voice. ''Where's William?'' She asked in disbelief. She was leaning more forward on the table as she looked at the professor waiting for the answer.

McGonagall only watched the parchment as she replied. ''Mr Pearson will not be joining us as he did not receive a detention.''

A sound of protest escaped Jasmine as her jaw dropped. The Marauders were already aware of this information so they merely watched Jasmine's reactions with frowns on their faces.

''But professor–'' Jasmine's voice broke as she looked like she's about to jump out of her seat.

''Quiet please,'' McGonagall said in a scarily calm tone.

Jasmine slumped back in her chair and slid down crossing her arms in the process as well. She had to take a few deep breaths in order to calm herself down, but it wasn't as effective as she thought. She felt her eyes began watering as her emotions were overpowering her again. She tried to gulp down as she felt like this big lump formed in her throat. But when she did she sensed the burning feeling. It was like a feeling where you have so much to say, so much anger within yourself but you can't say it out loud or let it out.

Jasmine looked to her left away from the peering eyes of the boys and tried to wipe under her eyes nonchalantly. She didn't want them to know she was on the verge of crying again. Then probably all the sniffing already gave her away. She had to continuously tell herself in her mind to stop.

McGonagall didn't give them anything to do, all five of them just had to keep quiet and still. It very quickly became boring but they had to this for several hours. Not so much a great way to spend a Saturday, that one day in a week when, if you don't care that much for school, can finally relax. Jasmine didn't know how much time has passed when the door behind them opened abruptly. She turned around to see a younger Gryffindor student.