𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Chapter twenty-four; Denying the truth and the help

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Jasmine and Lily looked at each other with wide eyes. They forgot there was still a detail no one knew about from the party back in September. Peter knew, and to no-one's clue, he kept silent. Jasmine wondered if James remembered or did Peter tell the secret to the Marauders. She did notice at times they were acting like they knew a big secret that no one else did. Both girls slowly turned around.

Jasmine quickly noticed the look on Sirius. He was staring wide-eyed at his best friend as well. Guess only James knew. Lily, weirdly intrigued by this placed her feet back again in front of Potter, crossing her arms again.

''How? How do you know?'' Her eyes narrowed.

Jasmine, Sirius and Lily all looked at James as he scratched behind his neck. He waited for a bit, reconsidering if this even was a good idea. He got himself into a mess and the only solution was the truth. ''Peter told me.''

A loud gasp came from Sirius. ''Traitor.'' His voice was dramatic, but what he was saying was true.

The group fell into silence waiting for the bespectacled boy to speak up. He was hesitant about continuing but certain it would eventually come out anyway. It was even a possibility that once he opens his mouth this will spread like wildfire through the school.

''You remember we were playing truth or shot, right?''

Sirius and Jasmine nodded, while Lily only looked even more confused. Jasmine sent her a look but couldn't help to let out a small chuckle. Guess they just discovered who blacked out the first. James' eyes lingered on Lily as she continued to stay silent and listen. He again reconsidered telling what happened. If Lily didn't remember a thing it meant she might not believe him and she would hate him even more.

''So it appears that Peter mixed something with those clear shots at the game so nobody would remember after they drank it.''

Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows. Something wasn't making sense to her, since she remembered all up to dancing with Remus after she successfully made Sirius drink a shot. Sirius and Lily kind of agreed, knowing it was possible.

''I didn't take the shot.'' Jasmine protested. ''And I remember up until you played truth or shot.'' She pointed at James and then waited for a more thorough explanation. He couldn't give it to her because he was certain nearly everyone took that shot in the Gryffindor common, except Peter.

''I mixed it with your drink at the begging.'' Lily sheepishly looked at her friend.

Jasmine gaped at her not believing she blacked out at one of the best nights this year because Lily thought it would be funny to spike her drink. It also explained why Remus couldn't remember anything, she offered him the drink just to taste how horrible it was. The cup was empty soon anyway. Jasmine's eyes widened even more.

Now she didn't think she wanted to know what happened that night. What if it was something between Remus and her? Now it was especially not a good time for another rumour that might even be proven true to come out. Sirius was fidgeting, being really eager to know what it was. Of course, he could be carefree, even if it was about him these things blow up in his benefit, not against him. That's why he was adored by most girls in this school. Jasmine looked at him pointedly yet he ignored her.

''Yes Pearson I did play the game and it was with Lily.'' James continued with the story.

Sirius and Jasmine then looked at Lily. The shock was evident on her face as she dropped her arms at her sides. James again lost himself in his own thoughts as he looked at the redhead. He didn't know what to expect of the outcome, out of her reaction.