𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

Chapter forty; William's friend

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Of the wall pushed another boy in Slytherin robes. Jasmine visibly deflated at the sight of the dark-skinned seventh year as it was none other than the one always hanging around William. Weirdly enough she felt Rosier loosen the grip on her wrist as he stared at the older boy slowly making his way to them. Jasmine tried to pull her hand out of his grip, but that was stupid to do as he then only held on tighter, causing pain to shoot up her arm. Jasmine's head turned away again and she caught the other four Slytherins trying to back away very slowly.

''Rosier.'' Greeted the older curly-haired Slytherin after he crossed his arms. He was quite a bit taller than Rosier, making himself more intimidating that way as he looked down at his fellow Housemate.

''Fawley.'' Rosier spat but made no other move to let go of Jasmine.

His wand was still dangerously close to her face and Jasmine was trapped, with nothing to do but watch the situation unravel itself. In any case, she thought she's going to end up hexed.

''Why don't you let me handle it from here, hm?'' This Fawley guy said with raised eyebrows in expectation.

Rosier scoffed. ''I think you should stay out of other's people business. Pearson here is all for me.'' He smiled in a nasty way towards the brunette still firmly in his grip.

Jasmine cringed and leaned as far back as her balance let her before she would fall. The guy was so close she could practically smell his bad breath.

Fawley next to them chuckled before he also picked up his wand. ''Baubilllious!''

Before Rosier could react, Fawley cast the spell which sent yellow sparks out of his wand. It hit Rosier right in the middle and sent him flying backwards fast. His back hit his other Housemates sending them toppling to the ground as well. Jasmine watched everything with wide eyes and mouth open in shock as Snape and Avery quickly scrambled to their feet. Then the lot grabbed the unconscious Rosier and dragged him back down to the dungeons.

Jasmine had no time to react as now the dark-skinned and curly-haired Slytherin placed himself in front of her. She felt she was still holding her wand and she had it at the ready if he tried anything. But to her observation, it didn't look like he was trying to torment her. She took a careful step backwards, her features changing from pure shock to confusion as Fawley smiled at her.

''Gabriel. Gabriel Fawley.'' He extended his hand towards Jasmine, the smile still present on his face.

Jasmine looked from his face to his hand and back up again with a quirked up eyebrow. Then she put her hand in his. ''Gabriel right, you're William's-''

''Friend yes. And you're Jasmine. It's nice to meet you. Oh and you can just call me Gabe.'' Gabriel interrupted.

Jasmine shook his hand, the weird expression on her face disappearing and a small smile tugging at her lips. He didn't appear as bad as she imagined him and he did just save her from Rosier. Jasmine just stared at him thinking what to say as the situation more than surprised her.

''Well, Gabe thank you for this. And for that other time with William.'' She quickly let out, deeming it was appropriate to show gratitude for the time William nearly hexed her.

Gabriel chuckled lightly and shook his head. ''No problem at all. Tom and I were thinking that what Will is doing is quite unfair to you. You know I had an older brother here at school once so I know how it feels when you have someone constantly breathing down your neck.''