𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

Chapter twenty-five; The nice smelling sweater

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Remus sat down opposite his friends at the Gryffindor table in the Great hall. He grimaced a little when he sat feeling the soreness of his muscles. Sirius and James who were sitting in front of him looked surprised that he showed up for dinner.

''You alright mate?'' James asked furrowing his eyebrows.

The full moon was the previous night, which meant it hasn't even been a full day when Remus decided to show up again. He usually rested for at least an entire day but not more to not raise any suspicion. This time if anyone asked they said he fell ill. He looked ill as well and thankfully less and less students were asking where he disappeared off for one or two days. Remus nodded and started filling up his plate with food.

''Splendid. I was hungry.'' His comment made Sirius, James and Peter laugh.

Once they continued stuffing their mouths they all fell quiet, it didn't feel out of the ordinary for them to not speak of anything but this evening a weird vibe weaved itself around them. Remus glanced up from his plate and switched looks between Sirius and James who looked deep in thought. He drew his eyebrows together in confusion as a long time passed since they were this quiet.

''What's gotten you two so quiet?'' He asked with a bit of teasing in his tone of voice.

James and Sirius both looked up at the same time from their plates. Then they looked at each other with weird glances. Neither realised that both looked especially bothered by something ever since, well ever since the day before and their encounter with certain girls. They were exchanging some inner thoughts with their eyes before their heads simultaneously turned back to Remus.

''Jasmine Pearson.''

Remus as a reaction leaned a bit closer as if he thought he heard wrong. His eyebrows displayed confusion as that was the least he expected from them. He thought they were going to dismiss it and say nothing but this night was the time for sharing again. Remus' eyes subconsciously travelled to the Hufflepuff table as he once again found himself facing its way. When he spotted the long locks of her light brown hair, her back facing him the corners of his lips turned slightly upward. Before gaining too much attention from his friends his glance centred back on James and Sirius.

''I'm sorry what? What does it have to do with her?'' The question didn't produce any pleasant expression from the other two, it more seemed like she was a great annoyance of them.

''She refused to help me with Lily, getting all smart ass about it that the relationship should happen on its own.'' James was first to complain, completely forgetting about food.

As it would be convenient Lily was sitting far away from them so it was no way possible she could hear whatever they were talking.

''Yeah.'' Sirius supported his friends. ''I know you fancy her Moony but that Hufflepuff is out of her head! First, she hits me with a bloody book and then accuses me of hurting her friend which I didn't. She pretty much attacked us in the middle of the hallway.''

Now both Sirius and James were sporting scowls, while Sirius somewhere in the middle of his rant crossed his arms in defence. On the other side, Peter merely listened to the conversation, not knowing what to say about it and Remus could barely hold himself to not laug at the situation.

''First of all, I don't fancy her anymore,'' Remus spoke, forgetting about his food as well, the conversation a much better entertainment. Sirius pointedly looked at him, his mind lingering on the last word. Remus failed to notice he even said it. ''And secondly, I have a hard time believing she attacked you, besides the incident with the book.''