𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

Chapter seventy; The breakfast club

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

''Morning sunshine!'' said Lily in a sing-song voice as she moved on the bed.

Jasmine blinked a couple of times to adjust her eyes to the brightness of the room and make her mind realise where she was. The morning sun was seeping through the curtains and lighting the room up with the warm golden hue. Jasmine was extremely exhausted the previous night and was certainly very happy when they merely showed her a bed where she could sleep, where she was out like a light as soon as her head hit the pillow. The girls had their own room that appeared to be James' bedroom upon close examination and the boys all slept in Sirius' room across the hall. Even though Jasmine missed her own bed, the thought of being at her own house scared her and she will much rather spend her time with her friends away from it.

''What time is it?'' asked Jasmine with a groggy voice as she pushed up into a sitting position.

''Around 8 am.'' Answered Lily.

A loud groan escaped Jasmine as she flopped back on the bed and covered her head with a pillow. ''That's too early, what are you waking me up for?''

Lily chuckled and stole the pillow away from Jasmine, making her light brown hair even messier than it was before. Jasmine quickly realised her redheaded best friend was not giving her a choice so she sighed and sat up again.

''This is probably the only time during the day when we're going to be alone so I want to know everything that has been going on.'' Lily was nearly bouncing on the bed beside Jasmine.

Jasmine couldn't help but chuckle at her excitement as she rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleepiness. She knew Lily only meant about Jasmine's recently revealed relationship. She turned on the bed so they were facing each other. ''Okay, what do you want to know?''

''I can't believe I have been left out of the most important thing in your life for the past six months because when we became best friends I expected to be the first one to find out everything about boys with you,'' said Lily jokingly.

''Well you are still the first one, I haven't told anyone else,'' Jasmine explained.

''The first kiss. How, when, where? Spill.'' Lily insisted eagerly.

Jasmine chuckled again, a small blush creeping up her cheeks as she thought back at the time. ''Well you know that I haven't kissed anyone before so this was my first kiss and honestly, it couldn't be more perfect. We were in the kitchens one late night, I think it was a bit before your birthday and we were talking and joking like we usually did. Before that we never talked about feelings, we were just friends. We did manage to have a small bubble fight while I was trying to wash the dishes from baking and then it just happened. Remus initiated it, I honestly didn't know how to react and then I panicked.''

''You panicked?'' Lily asked worriedly.

Jasmine chuckled nervously, thinking she could have a better reaction back then. ''Yes, I almost freaked out. I didn't tell him that was my first kiss, I told him I enjoyed it but I was more scared that anyone will find out. I couldn't exactly imagine how we could move on from that since I am prohibited to associate with any guy but Remus calmed me down. At first, it didn't change anything and we didn't talk about it, it was just a kiss between two people who are friends or were friends. I mean I knew I really liked him but you know I was never sure he felt the same. We got together a week or so later and decided to risk all of it.''

Lily stared at her in awe at how she explained different things. From her perspective, it looked a lot different and somehow she still couldn't imagine all of it was true. ''How was it having to hide all this time?'' Lily reached forward and grabbed one if Jasmine's hands.