Go With Carl Grimes

This one will use Patrick (from the prison) in Alexandria. I've usually only been using him in the prison lol.

"What did he want?" I ask Patrick when I get close enough to him, gesturing to Ron.

"Oh," Patrick looks at the ground uncertainly. "He's just having a party tonight, but I'm not gonna go."

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Pat, don't  be ridiculous. I know he hates me but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you want! I want you to go!"

"Yeah, but he asked everyone our age in Alexandria except for you. I'm not leaving you out."

"Pat," I say, looking him in the eyes. "Enid will be there. You're not missing out on your chance to talk to her just because some asshole doesn't like me."

"Okay, but I'd be walking in alone which would be really awkward in itself, and I also wouldn't have you there to encourage me, Y/N!" 

"You're going," I tell him. "I'm gonna go home. I don't want to see you until you are telling me about the party." I make my way towards my house without another word from Patrick.

When I reach my room I sigh and plop down on my bed, facing the ceiling. Even though he hates me (for no solid reason), why would Ron invite everyone except for me? I know he's an asshole, but I never thought he was that high up on the asshole-scale. It really is just an embarrassing slap in the face.

I shake the thought away and try to focus on the fact that I hope Pat really does talk to Enid and everything goes great. Pat deserves the world, but considering the world is covered with walkers, the least he could get is Enid.

A pounding on my door diverts my thoughts and Patrick bursts in with a big smile on his face.

"What? Oh my God, did you talk to Enid already?!" I ask excitedly.

Patrick shakes his head. "Y/N, listen, I know how you can go to the party."

I sink back on the bed in disappointment. "Pat, I already told you-"

"Don't give me that. You would go if you were invited."

"But I wasn't," I say glumly. 

"But you don't need to be. You can go with Carl Grimes."

I almost choke on my spit as I shoot up in the bed. "Right. Good one, Pat. No but seriously, what's the real reason you came here?"

"I wasn't joking, Y/N." And by the look on his face I know he's telling the truth. 

"Well shit," I mutter. "I'll take the loss." I stand up and face Patrick.

"What? Why?" he asks, rushing towards me.

I feel my heart beating fast just thinking about Carl Grimes. "He intimidates the fuck out of me. You of all people should know that! Besides he's a ten, and I'm like a two... on a good day. He can have any girl in Alexandria that he wants, and I know it would never be me." 

"I will have Daryl personally beat you up if you ever talk shit about yourself like that again. You have as good of a chance- if not better- than every girl here. Especially Enid because I called dibs on her."

I giggle at his comment. "Suppose I agree to your plan- how exactly do you plan on getting him to go with me?"

Patrick opens his mouth and then closes again, thinking. "I haven't gotten that far yet."

"Why can't I just go with you?" I question.

"Isn't it obvious? Ron saw you question me after he left so it would seem like I invited you knowing you weren't invited. Ron would be pissed. However, Carl's the leader's son. If he goes with you, Ron can't say a damn word AND it would look like Carl didn't know you weren't invited. Genius, I know."