Negan's Talk

Another story loosely based on an episode! Also I know the truck doesn't have a 'back' that opens and closes but I thought it'd be better for this story. AND the scene where they actually shoot is a bit different. Which I know I say that in a lot of my stories but I just wanted to let you know :)

OH MY GOD SO I WAS HALFWAY DONE WRITING THIS AND MY FRIEND FACETIMED ME SO WE WERE TALKING FOR A LONG TIME AND I GET BACK ON HERE AND MY FRICKIN STORY IS GONE LIKE WIPED. SO THEN I START TYPING AND IT SAYS THE 'replace this version' OR 'keep this version' AND I HIT REPLACE AND I GOT MY STORY BACK I WAS ABOUT TO CRY

Word Count (including bold text): 2778

Negan will be dead. I scope out the truck that will lead back to the Sanctuary, planning out what exactly I'm going to do. There are a few Saviors loading the truck right now, but once they go back for more I'll hop in the back and hide behind the boxes. 

I stand casually in the distance watching the asshole Saviors like everyone else in my group at Hilltop. However, I keep moving closer and closer to the truck subtly so no one thinks anything of my actions.

Finally the saviors leave the area of the truck. I do one more quick look around to make sure nobody is paying attention and slip over to the truck. I turn my head left and right before climbing into the back and quickly burying myself between boxes. I stay put as silent as I can, too scared to even breathe. What the hell am I doing? But I can't do anything about it now because the back of the truck is slammed shut. Here we go. 

As the truck rumbles down the road I decide to try and find something interesting in the boxes to either entertain myself or use as a weapon of some sort. I stand up and shuffle the boxes around when I hear a voice. 

"What the fuck, Y/N!" 

I jump at the sound and my first reaction is to back away into the wall. As I do this the truck hits a bump and I slam my head into the wall. "Dammit," I mutter. I look towards the sound to see Carl wedged between boxes trying to stand up.

"What are you doing here?" He asks when he's on his feet. 

"What are you doing here?" I repeat his question. 

"I asked you first!" 

I roll my eyes. "Probably the same thing you are. Killing Negan."

This time Carl rolls his eyes and steps out from the boxes. "How stupid! Y/N you could get hurt or killed!"

"You're one to talk, you're literally in the same position as me right now!" I yell. The truck hits another bump and I trip forward falling into Carl's arms. He catches me and helps me balance again. What, am I in a movie or something? "Sorry," I mumble. 

"That's literally the second time you almost fell and we didn't even make it to the Sanctuary. You sure you're cut out for this?" Carl jokes. 

"Hell yeah I am. That asshole is dead. Especially with the two of us. Carl, we can do this. We can actually do this." I don't know if I'm trying to convince Carl or myself. 

The truck suddenly comes to a stop and I make sure I steady myself completely this time. 

"We can't already be there," I say softly. 

Carl shakes his head. "They must have pulled over for some reason. Come on!" Carl pulls my hand back to the boxes. I try to go back to my original area but the door opens and Carl quickly pulls me into his lap and covers my mouth with his hand before I can say anything. 

I'm breathing heavy and I realize I'm still squeezing Carl's hand. I start to release my hand but he grabs it tight again. 

"Thought I heard something fall out back here," one of the Saviors says. "Guess not."