Glad I Didn't Listen

Sorry I literally haven't posted in forever. :( I'm updating this right now on December 11 at 11:01 am to all of you who are reading. 

I have a 10 page essay (yes, 10 pages, she said 10 pages I'm not exaggerating) due tomorrow at 11:30 pm. I wrote the introduction. I'm fucked. SO that being said I wanted to write more today and tomorrow but looks like I'll be working on my essay :) 

Request from @aliiphoenix (Ali)! 

"Ron!" I yell, snuggled up into my blankets on my bed. "Ron!" I yell again, since I didn't get a reply. I wait a few seconds and then groan before I rip the blankets off of me and head downstairs where my brother usually is. "Ron, did you not hear-" I pause when I notice him staring out the window. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Ron turns his head towards me then back out the window. "There's a group at the gate. Deanna is talking with them. Mom told me to stay inside," he answers. "And that means you, too, Ali," Ron says, grabbing my shoulder as I started to head out the door. 

I roll my eyes. "Well, I want to know what's going on. Where's Sam?"

"In his room."

"I'm surprised he hasn't come down yet." As soon as the words left my mouth I hear feet pattering down the stairs. 

"What's happening? I saw people at the gate. I'm scared," Sam says. 

I roll my eyes again. "I'm going," I say. "I'm not going to get killed," I add, knowing Sam was going to say something about my supposedly imminent death. After some hesitation Ron follows me out but Sam stays in the house. "Thought you were told to stay inside."

"I was," he answers quietly. "But I want to see what's going on, too."

As we step closer everyone starts to turn their heads to us, making me feel anxious. After a few seconds Deanna and the leader of the new group return to their conversation. She mentions something about an interview but I didn't hear the rest because I spot a boy my age staring at me. As soon as I notice him he looks away, but all I can think of is how... handsome he is. Even in the apocalypse with greasy hair and dirt covering him from head to toe he is still perfect. 

Ron shoves my arm and it breaks me from my trance. "What?" I whisper. 

He shakes his head and I know he caught me staring. "They could be planning to murder us, Ali."

"Well if they are I hope he's the one to kill me."

Everyone is heading back to their house but the new group is following Deanna into hers. I keep looking over to the boy and butterflies fill my stomach. God, I hope Deanna lets them live here. 

A couple days pass and I haven't seen the new group since. Enid and I are sitting on my bed reading comics when she speaks up.

"We should head to the party now."

I look at her confused. A party? "What party?"

"How don't you know? Everyone's talking about it. The welcome party for the new group."

I shrug. "Haven't heard a single thing about it. Where is it?"

"I can't believe you haven't even- never mind. At Deanna's."

"You know, I actually can't go. I'm busy."

"With what?" Enid asks, wondering what I could possibly be doing. 

I shrug again. "Haven't decided yet. But there's no way I'll have time to go to the party."

Enid sighs. "You're going."