Forced Friendship

I don't know why I found this one adorable. One of my favorites I've written so far. 

"He really thinks he's hot shit," I tell Patrick, crossing my arms. We're both standing in the hot sun by the prison watching Carl march back towards the fence after he had just yelled at us. Apparently we were being 'immature' and need to 'get back to work like everyone else'. We were taking a short break because we worked all morning.

Patrick nods. "He acts like he owns the damn place."

"Fucking slut," I mutter. 

"Y/N that literally makes no sense in this situation."

I glare at him. "Well that's what he is. Come on, let's go see if Daryl has anything else for us to do. I don't feel like going to wash clothes." I lead the way to find Daryl, who is usually in the woods at this time in the day. "Do you see him?" I ask Patrick.

"Um," he says, taking a look around. "Oh, look, over there!" He points and I see Daryl trekking deeper into the woods. We make our way over to him, and when we are almost there I step on a stick causing it to snap.

Daryl spins around pointing his crossbow directly at my face. When he sees it's me he lowers it again. "Hm?" He grumbles, which I'm assuming is his way of asking what we want. 

"Is there anything else we can do? Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. Just wondering if there's something that needs to get done."

Daryl thinks for a minute and finally answers, "Nah, I don't think so. You guys are good for the rest of the day."

"Alright, thanks Daryl," I say and make my way back to the prison with Patrick by my side. When we reach the prison I sigh. "Rest of the day off? I'll take it."

"Yeah. I'm gonna head back to my cell and read or something. See you later?"

"Yeah, see you later!" I exclaim. I take a short walk around the safe parts of the prison and when I turn a corner I bump into someone. "Oh, sorry," I say before I realize it's Carl. "Never mind," I mutter under my breath. 

"Y/N?" He asks like I'm doing something wrong. "What are you doing?" He sighs, crossing his arms. 

"I mean, what does it look like I'm doing? Honestly, Carl, sometimes you should think-"

"Yeah but why aren't you doing something productive? We're all working to keep this prison and our people safe and you're off," he pauses for a second, thinking, "gallivanting."

"Carl, I was literally taking a walk around the prison, I'm done for the day!" I declare. 

"No, you're not. What did I literally just tell you about being immature!" He yells at me. "You can't fucking do anything around here, can you? My dad does everything he can to keep you and the rest of our group safe, and you do nothing to help!"

"Fuck off, Carl. You really think you're hot shit, don't you?" I say to his face this time. "You know what, I don't care. I'm done," I insisted and tried to walk past him. He grabs both of my shoulders before I can walk by, making me face him. 

"The hell you are," he hissed. 

"Excuse me?" I yell. "Get your hands off of me!" I brush his hands off of my shoulders. "You literally can't control what I do. And actually, Daryl told Patrick and I we're done for the day!"

"Bullshit."

"Oh, really? You think I'm lying? Go fucking ask him then!" I yell. 

"Yeah let me just turn around and go find Daryl so you can run off to God-knows-where trying to escape more work!"