I Spy

Request/Idea from @Coffee_Aria ! Thanks for the idea!!!

I'm taking a creative writing class this semester and I absolutely LOVE IT. Like, I get so excited to do the homework lol.

Also I know I keep apologizing but I'm literally sooo sorry for not posting as much :( I love making these but homework and work is taking overrrr

"Y/N," the Governor calls from his office as I pass by. 

I stop in my tracks and back up until I'm in the doorway. "Yeah?"

"Got another job for you. Andrea's group."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Andrea...?" 

He takes a couple steps towards me. "She got here a couple days ago. Talked about her old group. Merle knows them too. See what you can find out." The Governor hands me a map with the location circled in black ink.

"A prison?" I say, looking at the map and then back up at him. 

He shakes his head. "Not just a prison- a camp. Resources."

"We can't just... Philip we can't just take their stuff."

The Governor frowns. "Do you know what they did to us, Y/N?"

I swallow and shake my head. 

"When you were out on a job," he tells me, lowering his voice. "They came and tried to attack us. They tried to capture Andrea back so they could murder her, kill us all, and then they took our supplies. They're not innocent."

I can feel anger and anxiousness in my chest. I fold the map and nod, and the Governor smiles, handing me a bag filled with food, water, and other necessities. "How long?" I ask. 

"When you get there, stay for a couple weeks. Subtly mention Woodbury and see what they're plans are for us. Find where they keep their supplies. Find how they make a living in the prison. When you get back here, we'll attack."

I nod once. "I'll see you in a few weeks," I tell him, walking out the door feeling like a badass. 

The walk wasn't too bad, but I'm still tired when I see the building, although the adrenaline hides it. This is the scary part- trying to lie. Getting into character as the lost little girl who found a prison at the edge of the woods. 

I take a couple deep breaths, put a worried expression on my face, rub some dirt on my clothes, and head towards the gate. I don't see anyone in the field, or anyone at all for that matter. I start to get worried... What if they already planned an attack on Woodbury? Will I come back to it in ruins? Then where will I go?

I see some walkers in the distance and when they see me approaching the entrance they start following me. I'm not concerned about them yet, so I stay put trying to look for a space I can squeeze through or someone who can let me in. But there's no luck so far. 

The walkers are getting closer and now I'm getting a little concerned. I thought by now someone would see me. I can't believe they don't have people on watch or something. I swing my backpack off and dig through it for my knife and reach for the gun in my holster, but I don't want to waste bullets and I don't want to already be seen as a threat. 

Finally- finally- I see someone running towards the gate in the distance. I look at them and squint as I try to make them out (I lost my glasses ages ago). 

"Dad!" he shouts. "Dad, come here!"

"Carl! Carl, stop!" 

Carl doesn't stop. He opens the gate and I rush in, thankful for the good timing. He's out of breath when he shuts the gate and suddenly a gun is drawn on me by the man who was screaming for Carl.