Training (Part 2)

Hey this is my 20th part!!! I hope you're all enjoying these so far. I told myself if I got one part of my homework done I could start to write the next part to this. So yeah, I got one part of my homework done. Also I feel like shit today and I don't know why. Like I have to distract myself with stuff so I don't feel like 100% shitty, only 50% shitty. 

Word Count (including bold text): 1630

After a couple of hours of throwing I managed to hit the center several times, Patrick hitting the center more times than me. The scar on my face stung like a bitch but I just ignored it, and the excess dried blood caked on my cheek. 

Carl dismissed the group (reminding us all to come back at the same time on Thursday) after he told us common mistakes among all of us that we should try to work on between now and Thursday. 

"Where are we supposed to practice, in our cell?" I ask Patrick.

"Maybe he's just talking technique, not actually throwing."

"Y/N!" Carl yells to me. I turn around to face him. "You owe me time." 

"What? I thought you were just threatening me! I'm not staying here for five hours," I insist.

"It was a threat- at first. But then I told you a couple hours ago you actually owe it to me, remember?" Carl says. 

I roll my eyes and groan. "You can't actually make me stay, Grimes. I mean, what are they gonna do, fire me?" 

"No, but I can tell my dad you aren't taking these sessions seriously and he can stick you with Merle."

"Merle is an instructor too? What the fuck has he done for us?" I shout.

"He's good at combat. He knows his stuff from his time with the Governor. He also isn't afraid to tell someone about their dumb ass mistakes and how they're a piece of shit to the group, so be thankful you're with me," Carl explains. 

I don't say anything because I know he's right, I just don't want to admit it. I also don't want to be in Merle's group. 

"Five hours," Carl says again. 

"Can Pat stay at least?" I question, already knowing the answer.

"Patrick didn't give me attitude. Patrick listened and cooperated. Patrick's not staying for five hours for good behavior."

I scoff at his remark. "Attitude? 'Good behavior'? Are you serious right now, Grimes? It's the apocalypse, not gym class!"

"Patrick, go. Y/N, stay," Carl demands, ignoring my sarcastic comments. 

Patrick leaves without another word, and I let him go without argument knowing I would never win. "So what am I gonna do for five hours? I'm 'owing' you time by being in your presence? Is that how this works?"

"The sarcasm isn't helping your situation, love," Carl says.

I cringe when he calls me 'love' but I don't say anything. 

"But I haven't decided yet."

"Oh, so you're not even doing this for your benefit, you're doing this to piss me off?" I question.

Carl shrugs and smirks. "Pretty much."

"Fucking asshole," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that? You know I have more free time after the second session if you want to keep running that pretty little mouth," Carl warns. 

"Okay." I force myself to calm down ignoring the 'pretty little mouth' comment. "Have you decided yet?"

"Can you go get me a bottle of water?" Carl asks.