Stuck With Me

I'm back! Thanks for the continuous love while I was away for MONTHS. 

Hey, fun fact. This imagine is based off of a real text I got from a guy that said "you're stuck with me" and I thought it was the cutest thing I'm crying so yeah this is based off of that text. 

But apparently I'm not stuck with him like he said I was but it's still adorable lol. :/

I'm really gonna try to continue writing a lot! I don't know why I stopped haha. I changed my major again to English and now I'm changing it to Psychology soooo... that's a big change. lol. 

ALSO all of your comments are HILARIOUS and I'm literally DYING as I read them. I also like the feedback as well!!! But seriously sometimes I laugh so hard at these comments. 

It was two months ago that Carl first talked to me. And it was three months ago that Carl and his group showed up in Alexandria. 

I wasn't too happy about the new group coming in since I finally was starting to feel comfortable in the new town, but then Carl came along and it wasn't so bad anymore. In fact, it was even better than before. I never really had friends to begin with, and after the apocalypse started I really would only talk to my group. There were no other people my age, just young ones and older ones. The only girl that was my age got bit a couple of months ago, but she didn't like me and I'm not sure why. Then when I moved here I started hanging out with Ron and Enid, but I'm always on runs or they're always helping out around Alexandria. 

So when Carl first showed up, he went on runs with us. It was him, Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and sometimes others. I could tell he was like me- this is the safest we've been in a long time so we're used to living out in the open and protecting ourselves. Since we were the same age, Carl and I got to talking quite a bit. Actually, sometimes we would talk and laugh so much that the rest of the group would tell us to shut up so we don't attract walkers. Then Carl and I would smile at each other trying not to laugh. Even though the thought of attracting a bunch of walkers is terrifying, Carl and I had a lot of fun and didn't care much. We knew we could handle ourselves. 

Almost two weeks ago Carl came up to me while I was reading by the lake. 

"Y/N?" he asked. 

"Yeah?" I said, looking up from my book. 

Carl took a deep breath and then sat down next to me. "I need to tell you something. I'm scared you won't like it or you'll think I'm weird, but it's the end of the world so it doesn't really matter anymore."

I closed my book and set it aside. "What is it?"

Even though it was only about two weeks it seems like forever ago and I don't like to think about that conversation anymore. 

Maybe it's because he's always busy. Or maybe because he seems to be laughing and smiling with Enid a lot more. Or maybe I came off as too clingy and annoying. 

And I'm afraid I'm overthinking everything but I feel like it'd be embarrassing to actually ask Carl. 

So I still hang out with him and talk, but it's just different than it used to be. I push open the door to Carl's house- not even bothering to knock- and head upstairs towards his room. I knock on the door and I hear a slight "come in" before entering. 

"Yeah?" Carl asks before turning around from his desk. "Oh, hey Y/N, what's up?"

I wave awkwardly. "Hey. I just wanted to say hi. I feel like I haven't seen you in a while but I guess it's only been two days."

Carl chuckles and takes a few steps forward. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I just got busy helping with the wall and then Dad wanted me to-"

"It's okay Carl," I tell him. "I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty." I smile, feeling slightly better that Carl had actually been busy. And I know he's not lying because I've seen a ton of people start to work on the wall again ever since we've had that group of walkers try to tear it down. 

"We'll have to get together soon again. But I have to go. I told Enid I would go with her to that town down the road." He gives me a quick hug. "See you later. We'll figure out a day, okay?"

I nod as he rushes down the stairs, fixing his hat on the way out. 

And I'm hoping I'm overthinking because it seems Carl isn't interested in me anymore. 

The past couple of days were filled with me thinking things such as "what's wrong with me?" or "why would he tell me he liked me just to ditch me?"

So instead of complaining about it this morning, I decide that I'm going to confront him about it. It might be awkward but he's the one giving me mixed signals. I'm not just gonna sit back and let this little asshole make me sad or mad or whatever I am right now. I'm gonna handle this on my own so I'm not sitting around wondering. I want a clear answer. 

I ask around Alexandria a little bit to find out where Carl is, and finally Ron tells me he last saw him with Enid by the lake. However, I see a light on in Carl's room when I pass by his house so I figured that would be the best place to start. 

I knock on the front door and receive no answer, so after about thirty seconds I knock again. A sigh escapes my mouth and then I just barge in anyway. The door to Carl's room is open so I just awkwardly stand in the doorway and knock on the wooden door. "Carl?" 

He spins around in his chair, startled. "Oh, hey. What's up?" 

"I... Well..." I hesitate for a moment, anxiously fiddling with my fingers. "Can I talk to you about something? It's kind of embarrassing but I just need clarification, I guess." 

He looks confused and stands up, taking a few steps closer to me. "Yeah, of course. Are you okay?" 

"Um, well," I start, trying to force myself to look up at him, "I'm just confused about something and I have to ask you about it so I don't go insane."

He nods, and I'm afraid he's getting annoyed at the fact I'm unintentionally dragging this conversation out. I just have to say it.

"So remember how two weeks ago you told me that... you told me that you really liked me? Well, it just seems that you've been kinda distant lately and you're with Enid a lot and I don't know if you're still interested in me or anything." I look down at the ground and take a breath. "It's okay if you're not, but I just need to know the answer so I'm not so confused by everything."

When I finally look up at Carl it takes a moment before the realization of what I said hits him and he chuckles. He fucking laughs at what I said, which embarrasses me until he tells me, "What? Y/N, you're stuck with me." 

My mood instantly lightens and I smile. "I'm sorry, I guess I just overthink too much. I didn't want to come off as clingy or anything but I just had to find out." 

Carl comes a little closer and takes my hands in his. "Honestly I feel the same way. I don't want to seem clingy or annoying or too much to handle and I didn't want to scare you away. I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "Don't apologize."

"I have to. I didn't know you felt this way." He wraps me in a hug and my worries and fears disappear. "Actually, the next time I saw you I was gonna ask if you wanted to go on a run with me tomorrow. And now that you know you're stuck with me you're kind of obligated to say yes," he says jokingly. 

I giggle a little and tell him, "Of course I want to. It's just funny how going on a run is equivalent to a date these days."

Carl laughs and pulls away from me, then kisses my forehead lightly. "If you want we can go raid a diner and pretend it's a dinner date."

Wow! Sorry for not posting in so long lol. I don't know how I feel about this one? Maybe it's just because I haven't written in a while? I'm not really sure. Hope you like it though!