That's Not The Game

I actually got this one off of something I read on Pinterest and it was so cute and now I have to base this story off of it :) it was only a little piece that I read (also I just made up some of these characters)

Word Count (including bold text): 1137

"Okay, Cadence, truth or dare?" Mark asks. 

"Umm, how about dare." Cadence replies with a smirk on her face. 

"Okay," Mark says looking cocky. "I dare you to take off your shirt for the rest of the game."

"Mark, seriously? No." Cadence frowns. 

"It's the rules, Cadence," Nate teases. "Or you're out of here."

"Fine." Cadence grumpily lifts her shirt over her head and throws it at Mark. He catches it while laughing. She covers her chest with her arms, but I can tell she's thankful she's wearing a sports bra at the moment. It doesn't bother me about Cadence having to take her shirt off because if she didn't want to she wouldn't. I'm sure if she was wearing a regular bra (or no bra) she wouldn't have taken it off. She's strong and isn't afraid to stand up for herself or anyone else. 

"Y/N," Nate says. 

"Yeah?" 

"Truth or dare, of course."

I think it over a bit and realize I don't want to end up in the same or similar situation as Cadence. "Truth." I smile. 

"Do you want to kiss Carl?" I hear a bunch of 'oohs' and look over at Carl whose face is red while looking at me. 

"Um, actually dare," I blurt out.

Nate smirks and says, "Fine. I dare you to kiss Carl."

Not that I don't want to kiss Carl, because I absolutely would, but I'm extremely nervous, especially in front of everyone like this. "Um, never have I ever-" I start looking away from Carl. 

"That's not the game!" Nate shouts. 

"Nate, that's not really fair. I mean, that's-"

"You have to or you're gone," Cadence says. 

"I know, but-"

"It's fine, Y/N," Carl whispers sadly. "I get it."

"No, Carl- it's not like that! I want to- wait that's not what I meant." I feel my face turn bright red and everyone except me and Carl are laughing. "I'm just making this worse," I whisper. 

I hear Nate's voice behind me. "If you don't kiss him I'm going to kiss you. You know, so you don't have to leave just yet."

"Seriously, Nate? Stop-" When I spin around Nate's hands grab my face and he smashes his lips on mine. I try to push away from him but he then grabs my back and pulls me closer to him. I try to back off and I can hear Cadence and Mark laughing. I finally smack Nate across the face and he backs off looking at me in shock.

"What the hell was that for?" He yells at me. 

"What the hell do you think that was for? Why the fuck did you think that was okay?"

"Because you're easy to get. It's okay, you'll regret this later. Come find me tonight, you know you want to." Nate raises his eyebrows at me. 

"You son of a bit-" before I can finish Carl's fist meets Nate's nose. And then his stomach. And then his face again when Nate is on the ground moaning in pain. "Carl!" I yell trying to pull him off. I finally am able to get him to stop and he looks at me standing up. The entire room is silent and all of us are looking at Carl. Nate is holding his nose in pain. 

"I'll walk you home?" Carl asks me.

I nod in response and he places his hand on my back guiding me to Nate's front door. I step over him on the way out and look back to see Cadence and Mark with their mouths still open in shock of what happened. 

We get outside and start walking down the dark street back to my house in Alexandria. "Why'd you do that?" I ask Carl.

"I hate that kid," he replies laughing. 

I smile and say, "So you finally found an excuse to punch him?"

"Yeah. And no. I probably would have held back if it weren't for you. You, uh, you mean a lot to me, Y/N. And I couldn't just stand there while that little asshole was doing that to you. It sickens me to know all he was thinking about was getting your body. The way he looked at you... I can't think about it anymore." We stop on the path halfway to my house. 

All I can say is, "You really mean that?" with tears in my eyes. 

Carl nods and brings me into a hug. He lifts me up and starts carrying me while walking. 

"Carl what are you doing?" I laugh.

"Bringing you home," he says. 

"I can walk, you know!" 

"Yeah, I know."

"Wait!" As soon as I say this he stops and puts me down. 

"What's wrong? I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable I-"

"No, Carl. It's not that. I was just... well I'm kind of scared to go back to my house tonight. You know, with Nate and all. Can I stay with you? Just for tonight? I understand if you don't want me to, don't feel like you have to say yes."

"Y/N, you can stay with me every night if you want. Actually, I would very much like it if you stayed every night."

"You would?" I ask. 

"Yes, Y/N," he says, rolling his eyes.

"What's the eye roll for, Grimes?"

"I'm trying to say that I like you. A lot. I always have. I want to be with you forever. No, see, I don't just like you anymore. I'm in love with you at this point. But I mean, I obviously know now that you don't feel the same, which is fine. We can just be friends."

"Are you talking about the kiss? Carl I've liked you for years now, of course I wanted to kiss you. I was just always so nervous and I didn't want to do it in front of everyone and-" I was quickly cut off when the person I actually wanted to kiss me finally did. We separate and Carl pulls me close to him.

"Stay," he whispers in my ear. I nod into his shoulder. He lifts me up again and brings me back to his house. He carries me up the stairs and plops me down on the bed. I laugh and Carl says, "I love your laugh. It's adorable."

This makes me blush and I look out the window.

"What are you thinking about?" Carl asks me. 

"I'm just really happy that you punched Nate."

Why can't I have a Carl? I want a Carl.