Why'd You Wipe My Kiss Away?

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! :)

I'm sitting on Carl's lap in the back of the car being driven by Rick, curled up against his chest with my eyes closed. Carl runs his fingers up and down my back as we travel through the night back to Alexandria after our run. 

I jolt awake from my half-sleep as we hit a bump and Carl chuckles softly in my ear, pulling me closer to him. 

"You're cute when you're tired," he whispers. 

"Shut up," I tell him, kissing his cheek and leaning back down on his chest. 

"Can I have another one?" he asks me. 

"What?"

Carl smiles. "Can I have another kiss?"

I laugh and shake my head. "When we get back to the prison, okay?" I love teasing him like this, but he hates it.

He pouts but agrees, kissing the top of my head. 

We enter the gates to the prison and I exit the car, Carl right behind me. He wraps an arm gently around my waist, guiding me into the building. When we reach his cell he spins around in front of me and pulls me into him, reaching his other arm around me to shut the curtain. 

Carl kisses my forehead, then makes his way down to my nose. Finally he hovers his lips over mine and as soon as he starts to close the gap I pull away. 

He opens his eyes and looks at me with genuine confusion and sadness. "But Paige, you said I could have a kiss when we got back," he whines. 

I giggle at his reaction and plop myself down on his bed. "Yeah, but I like watching you suffer."

"Well that's not very nice," Carl responds, joining me on his bed and holding me tight. "I guess I'll just leave then."

"Wait, no!" I say, squeezing Carl so he can't leave. 

"Well where's my kiss?" he asks, stroking my hair. 

I giggle. "Fine." But I'm not done teasing him yet. I sit up and Carl immediately grabs my face and plants his lips on mine before I can do anything. 

When he pulls away he smiles, and I look at him in the eyes before standing up and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. 

"Why'd you do that?" Carl asks in a small voice. 

"Hm?" I question, but I know what he's talking about. 

"Why'd you wipe my kiss away?" He frowns and I try not to smirk. 

"What do you mean?" I tease. 

Carl stands up and walks towards me, then grabs my waist. I can't help it and I finally giggle, and Carl smiles, relieved. "Excuse me, but you owe me another kiss since that one is now gone." He smiles and rests his forehead on mine as I keep laughing. 

He places a soft kiss on my lips and I wipe that one away as well. 

"Come on, Paige. Please?" He kisses me again, and again I wipe the kiss away. "Fine, I guess we'll do this the hard way." Carl lifts me up and places me on his bed so I'm laying down and he's hovering over me. He pins my arms above my head and kisses me gently, and then deepens the kiss when I stop laughing. He lets go of my arms and rubs his hands up and down my sides as I pull him closer to me. 

The sound of the curtain opening makes us both jump and immediately sit up. 

Glenn stands in the doorway, looking like he's unsure of what to say. "I just came to tell you that you guys are on watch tonight. And you'll be alone. So keep it down." 

My face turns red as Glenn walks away, and Carl and I get off of his bed. 

"Well if you would have kept my kisses this wouldn't have happened."

I realized that sometimes these stories are better when they are shorter. I don't want to ruin it with too much :)