Uno

Request from @Mlbfangirl63 ! This is adorable thanks for the request!

Okay I am literally OBSESSED with Patrick Watson's music right now... I don't know why but I love it. 

ALSO, I'm reading this Negan fanfic called "Wicked Game" (10/10 recommend) and it introduced me to the song "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak so I am also extremely addicted to that song. I bought the vinyl off of eBay. It was a bid. $24. Worth it. 

"Y/N!" I hear Carl shout from a distance along with pounding feet up the stairs. I roll my eyes and smile- he's adorable. 

I'm currently laying in Carl's bed, staring at the ceiling, doing absolutely nothing. In normal times this would bore me to death, but in today's world it's nice to take a break and sit in complete and utter silence. 

He bursts through the door making it bounce back a little bit and has his hands behind him. "You'll never guess what I found."

I prop myself up on my elbows. "What did you find?" I ask with a grin.

"Okay, so we were on a run, and I found this store. I was able to break through the window-"

"Carl just tell me!" I shout while laughing. 

He quickly brings his arm out and holds the thing in front of me. It's a red box with the word 'UNO' on it. 

I immediately stand up and grab the box from him looking at it in awe. "You found UNO? I fucking love UNO!"

"Yeah I know, that's why I got it," Carl says, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my nose. "Alright, let's go have dinner I'm starv-"

"Nope," I tell him. "We're playing this first."

Carl opens his mouth. "I'm starving! Can't we just get something real quick?"

"No! Loser cooks dinner."

Carl chuckles. "Okay fine. Fine."

I rush over and hop onto his bed, Carl following. I shuffle the cards and then hand them out to both Carl and I, then place the rest of the deck to the side. Then I pick up my cards, carefully studying them. I've only got one skip and one +4... I have to use my cards wisely. The game starts with Carl and I just placing down the same numbers and colors. 

He has a smug look on his face and I can't help myself by saying, "Do you even know who you're playing against?"

"Yeah. My girlfriend. I love you and all but I just know you suck."

I open my mouth and laugh, playfully hitting him on the shoulder. "Wow, thanks."

Carl smiles. "I need to trash-talk more often- you're cute when you're mad."

"I'm not mad," I tell him sarcastically. "You're just being arrogant. And I know what you're doing."

He leans in close to me with his lips brushing mine. "What am I doing?" he whispers. 

As much as I want to stay like that, I lean back from him. "You're trying to distract me. But," I slam down my skip, "it's not gonna work." I then place my green 9 on top of it and smirk. "Uno."

Without hesitation he smacks down a +2. I pick up my two cards while rolling my eyes when he drops another +2. After my four cards and his next yellow 2, he calls Uno, so I put down my +4. 

"Blue," I say sternly. 

Carl clearly doesn't have a blue because he sighs and picks up one from the pile. Fortunately for him, the first card he picked up happened to be a blue skip. He places it down, then places a red skip down, then a red 2. 

After some time Carl calls Uno again, and I realize I'm stuck. He put down a green 6, and in my hand is a yellow 6 and a green 1. With my luck if I put down a green he'll have green and if I put down the yellow he'll have yellow. My eyes go back and forth between the two cards, and then towards the center at the other card. 

"You look nervous, my love," Carl says, cocking his head with a grin. 

I shake my head and put down the yellow card. "Nope. Uno." 

He groans and picks up three more cards before placing a yellow 1 down. I cheer and then smack my green 1 down on the pile. I taunt Carl and he rolls his eyes, demanding a round two. 

"Absolutely not! I won, so you have to make dinner. Those were the rules."

Carl looks down at his hands, then back at me. "Best out of three? Or are you too scared because you suck?"

I scoff. "Clearly I don't suck, I just won."

"Beginner's luck, obviously."

I roll my eyes. "Fine, whatever. Best out of three."

He smiles, then leans in and kisses my cheek, then my forehead, and then a soft, gentle one on my lips. 

I hold the kiss and he places his hand on my cheek, then I mutter, "Stop distracting me."

He pulls away and smiles. "Am I making you flustered? Hot and bothered?"

"Oh, shut up. You're not actually loving me right now, you're trying to make me lose."

"I'm loving you and trying to make you lose. Give me the cards," Carl says while he starts to shuffle them. He shuffles better than me, but I'd never admit it to him. Don't need his Uno ego getting bigger than it already is. 

The next round I win within three minutes, and Carl keeps telling me I cheated. "Carl, how did I cheat?! You shuffled and passed out the cards! How do you even cheat in Uno?"

"I don't know, you just did! Let me shuffle again, I don't trust you." Without even making eye contact with me he aggressively passes out the cards. 

"Why are you so mad?" I laugh. "I thought I sucked, shouldn't this be easy for you?" I reach out and place my hand on his cheek but he jerks away. "Oh, stop being so dramatic." I tease him by kissing the corner of his mouth, causing him to smile. 

"Stop doing that before I call it quits and just start kissing you all over."

I giggle at his response. "You wouldn't."

"Well I've already lost so it doesn't really matter." Carl pushes the cards out of the way and tackles me onto the bed, kissing my face all over. I'm laughing and turning my head every way in order to breathe properly. 

"Carl!" I say, trying to push him off. "I can't breathe!"

He stops for a moment to say, "Too bad," and then continues his attack. He starts to slow down and then places a soft, gentle kiss on my neck, and trails up to my jawline, then to the corner of my mouth. Carl's hands cup my face before he plants his lips on mine, causing my stomach to flip. No matter how many times Carl kisses me, it always has the same effect. "God, I love you so much," he whispers with our lips still connected. 

"I love you too," I whisper back. 

He gets off of me and drapes his arm over my stomach, cuddling into my neck. 

"You're just trying to make me forget I won."

He shakes his head. "No, I just love cuddling with you."

I giggle, turning to face him. "Don't you have a dinner to make?"

"In a minute. I'm busy." He squeezes me tightly and we lay there for a few minutes. "Fuck Uno," he finally says. "I let you win, anyway."

"Sure you did, Carl," I say sarcastically, patting his arm. "Sure you did."

HAHA I LOVE THIS ONE. So cute. Making me smile and shit. I'm so lonely.