I Spy (Part 2)

Here it is! Part 2! Hope you like it!

Also, I looked up the distance from the prison to Woodbury and someone said it was about 30 miles. 30 miles on foot would take about 10 hours, so that's what I'm basing it off of :)

I stare at the entrance to Woodbury crouched down beneath a bush. Through the thick trees I can see Tyreese and Sasha holding guns, keeping watch. I stand up, take a deep breath, and then sprint out of the woods fake gasping for air. 

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Tyreese asks, helping me through the entrance. 

I take heavy breaths and say, "Governor. I need to talk to the Governor." 

Sasha stays back and Tyreese accompanies me towards the Governor's room. 

"Thanks," I tell him, and he nods, walking away. I hesitate before knocking three times. I hear shuffling and then the click of the doorknob, and I'm met with the usual frown on Philip's face. 

"Come in," he grumbles, shutting the door behind me. He gestures towards a chair next to his desk and I take a seat. "So," the Governor says. "Tell me."

I nod once and swallow. Act like you're being truthful. Act like this really happened. "They're planning to attack tomorrow late morning. They figured it would be an unexpected time. Philip- they don't know I'm gone yet. They think I'm out hunting right now. I can damage their weapons when I get back."

The Governor thinks for a moment. "They're coming to us?"

I nod. "Yeah."

He chuckles and looks down. "This is too easy. I'll have everyone pack up their stuff. We'll attack the prison tonight, early morning while they're still sleeping, before they have a chance to even get near us tomorrow. Go back to the prison and wreck what you can, Y/N."

I leave the room and my stomach whirls with anxiousness. Everyone at the prison knew this was what was going to happen- the Governor attacking first- but it's getting way too real now. I thought I'd have at least a couple of days to prepare- maybe at least even one- but I'll be back at the prison tonight. It's gonna be a long, tiring day, but I have to keep going if I want the prison group to live. 

The walk is long, silent, boring, and tiring. A few times I debated about resting for a few minutes, but then I thought of Carl and that was enough motivation for me to keep going. 

When I finally arrive, the night sky is pitch black and crickets and frogs are chirping. I stand in front of the gate with my backpack on, but I realize we never came up with some sort of way to let them know I was here. They were expecting me in a few days, but here I am a little over 24 hours later. I don't want them to think that I'm the Governor, and I don't want them to accidentally kill me. 

I also can't call out in case any walkers are nearby. Especially at night. 

But, damn, Carl is always in the right place at the right time. 

"Y/N!" he calls out.

"Shhh, Carl, what the fuck?" I whisper yell as he swings the gate open, letting me inside. 

As soon as we're safely in the prison gates Carl throws his arms around me and I do the same. "You're back early," he whispers into my hair.

I nod. "I know. And you're acting like you haven't seen me in weeks."

Carl pulls away and sighs. "Anything could have killed you out there and we wouldn't have known. I was in the guard tower the entire time just in case. God, the anxiety I felt-"

"Carl, I am so happy to see you again and everything but I really need to tell the others what's happening because what's happening might happen in a few hours."