Ever.

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! Thanks for the request! I didn't really come out and say it in the story, but Y/N (or the name Paige in this one) has ADHD. I don't have ADHD myself so I truly apologize if some of this isn't accurate. 

So sorry for the lack of update! I'm taking 6 classes this semester so I can graduate with my Associate!! I legit can work in a school next fall and yes I'll still be writing Carl imagines. I'm so mature. 

Also, there WILL be a part 2 to "I Spy"!!!!

OH MY GOD ALSO I am IN LOVE with Joffrey. So of course I imagine scenarios at night and I absolutely know I am not the only one. Anyway,  I thought of such a cute one and I didn't even realize it until the next day and I'm like HOLY SHIT, CARL. THIS WOULD WORK WITH CARL. SO I have to write this at some point I love it.

Enid and I are discussing who was hotter before they turned into walkers- Tom Holland or Freddie Highmore. 

"Enid, have you even seen Tom Holland? He is stunning- absolutely perfect!"

Enid sighs. "But Freddie is just... his face. I can't get over it."

"Yeah, but has Freddie ever been frickin' Spider-Man?" I laugh. 

She smiles and replies, "Well, no, but-"

"Paige!" I hear Carl yell from a distance as he jogs towards Enid and me. 

"I should get going. Jessie needs me to help her with something, see you later!" Enid tells me, walking away.

"Yeah, see you later. Let me know when you realize Tom's the winner," I laugh. She looks back over her shoulder again to laugh with me, and then I feel Carl's hand on my shoulder. I spin around to face him. "Yeah?"

Carl furrows his eyebrows and gives me a sarcastic wave of his hand. "What do you mean, 'yeah?', you ready to go?"

I slightly open my mouth and rack my brain for any memory of attending any event. I squint my eyes in confusion and rock back and forth on my heels. "Yes..." I say slowly, trying to fake a confident look. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." I reach my hand out for him to grab, but instead he just rolls his eyes. 

"You forgot, didn't you? You didn't even think of ideas either, huh? You've had an entire week and you've done nothing to contribute to this project?" Carl asks calmly. "You're so fucking lucky I love you. I'll say we worked on this together."

"I'm sorry," I whisper, looking down at my feet. 

"Hey," Carl says, lifting my chin up with his finger so our eyes meet. "Don't be sorry. Shit happens. Come on." This time he does grab my hand and drags me towards his house. 

When we enter his house our group is already there, and I take a seat on the couch next to Carl. 

"Okay, let's hear everyone's ideas," Rick tells the group. "Eugene?"

"I do believe this will be highly successful..."

I start to zone out and stare at the wall behind Eugene. I'm not sitting against the back of the couch, just on the edge of it, and I start bouncing my leg up and down. Why the hell would they paint the walls that ugly ass tan? I think. This causes me to scan the room and notice every color and how it really doesn't look good with the walls. I think the next supply run I'll be looking for some paint, I joke, but only to myself. I have many inside jokes with myself. Oh my God, pay attention, Paige, this is important! I actively start listening which makes it difficult to understand Maggie who is now telling the group about her idea. 

I feel a hand on my thigh and I stop bouncing my leg. I look over at Carl but he's focused on Maggie. He rubs my leg with his thumb mindlessly; he's used to this. 

I start to play with the elastic that was around my wrist, twisting it and making knots, undoing it, then redoing it. Carl's hand stopped my leg bouncing but now I have my elastic. "Fuck," I mutter under my breath as the elastic suddenly flings across the room, but fortunately Carl's the only one that notices. Or, the only one that shows he notices. He finally turns to me and wraps his arm around my waist, gently guiding me to lean back against the couch. 

"Carl," Rick finally says and everyone's eyes are on us. 

"So, Paige and I worked on a plan together. Basically, a couple of us would have flare guns and everyone else would be prepared to kill the walkers on the other side. And then..."

I start to get lost in my own thoughts again. What would I do if Tom Holland walked in right now? Why would he even walk in? Who cares, imagine if that actually happened!

"Right Paige?" Carl asks me, squeezing my side and raising his eyebrows realizing I wasn't listening to a single word that he was saying after 'and then.' 

I nod. "Yes. Right," I say, trying to sound confident and professional. Everyone stares at me for a moment before Rick turns his attention to Rosita. 

"You wanna go?" Carl whispers in my ear. 

I nod, my face turning red in embarrassment. We both stand up and Carl guides me with his hands on my waist up the stairs and to his room. He shuts the door behind him and I lean against his window, staring at the trees gently shaking in the wind. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my middle and rests his head on my shoulder. 

"What's wrong?" he asks. 

I shake my head. "Just embarrassed, that's all. I probably embarrassed you, too."

Carl spins me around so I'm facing him. "You didn't. Besides, it's not your fault. And it's nothing to be ashamed of."

"I just hate being like this," I tell him, resting my head on his chest. 

He pulls me tight to him and rubs my back. "You hate being beautiful?" he questions, chuckling. 

"Shut up," I say, but I can't help but smile. 

"I wouldn't change you for anything," Carl whispers into my hair. "Ever."

He's so cute. I love him. I also love Tom Holland.