Roaming (Pt. 2)

Word Count (including bold text): 716

I had no words so all I could do was stare. Carl chuckles at the look on my face, which is also probably bright red. He knows exactly what he's doing and I'm not falling for it. After the initial shock I roll my eyes and shove him off of me. This time he lets me. "Oh fuck off, Carl," I say as I stand up, him doing the same. "What do you want me to do, confess that you're my crush and tell you the hatred I have was just to hide my feelings for you?"

Carl says nothing. He just stands there staring into my eyes with a small smirk on his face, arms crossed. I give him a confused look so he finally says, "I mean, that would be kind of nice to hear. But you don't have to confess anything yet. I understand it's difficult."

"Excuse me? I was being sarcastic! I- I can't even believe you just said that. I have no feeling except hatred and anger toward you as you think you're so much better than everyone else because your dad is in charge. Carl, you annoy me to no end and if you really think-" I was suddenly cut off by Carl pushing me against the wall, moving his hands from my shoulders to the sides of my head. Why is this so hot all of a sudden? Where'd my anger and hatred go?

"You're not struggling to get away anymore," Carl whispers. I have no idea what to say so I just stare at him as he smirks again. 

"I- I, um," I stammer. Carl leans in quickly and presses his lips to mine. It's soft and gentle, and he pulls away just seconds later. He looks at me unsure if I was comfortable with his sudden decision. I can't help it. Being late at night with Carl directly in front of me was too much to handle. In response I kiss him again, and this time we're more rough. He grabs my face in his hands as I run one of mine through his hair and have the other placed on the back of his neck. 

When we pull away Carl says, "I can see you don't hate me anymore."

"No I still do."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Because I don't know what the hell you're doing to me, Carl. But I like it."

"Y/N I've been protecting you ever since we met. I don't think I'm 'all that' or 'better than everyone'. I just get protective over you. I don't want you to get hurt."

"You can't protect me forever, Carl. You just can't." I rest my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. 

"I know. But I can try," he whispers into my hair. 

I look up at him and he leans down to kiss me again. This time for longer and I can feel him smiling into it. 

"What the hell," I hear and both Carl and I jump away from each other, looking over to the source of the voice. 

"Oh, hey Pat, what are you doing here again? Everything okay?" I ask slowly rubbing the back of my neck. 

"I was coming to check on you. You haven't been back for a while. But I see now you, uh, you've warmed up to him."

"Yeah, about that. I just, you know, things happen." I look over to Carl and see he has a smug look on his face as if we didn't just get caught. 

"I'll- I'll just go back to bed. See you tomorrow?" Patrick says uncertain. 

"Yeah," I whisper. "See you tomorrow." 

As Patrick walks away Carl spins me around to face him, kissing me again. I push him away playfully and say, "Carl, I need to go to bed. You're the one who told me that, actually."

"Fine, okay. See you tomorrow as well?"

I nod in response and walk back to my cell.

"Oh and Y/N," Carl says.

"Yeah?" I look at him. 

"You're beautiful. I hope you know that because you deserve to hear it."

This one's a little shorter than the others I've been writing. I literally love writing these! Comment or message me requests, too! Also the word count was 699 so I'm adding this sentence because it's really bothering me lol