Bitten. "Honor" S8 E9

I got three requests to do a story about Carl's death and I'm gonna be crying while writing this. @idkestxx had the idea of Y/N reading the letter from Carl, @miainthefuture had the idea of Y/N's reaction to the death/walker bite, and @xtrqpp requested a sad imagine. So here we goooo 

Thanks so much for the requests/ideas!

Also "At the Bottom of Everything" by Bright Eyes is such a good song. It's the one in the beginning of Carl's death episode. I have a tattoo that says "I'm happy just because" since I love Carl, TWD, and that song :)

Update: I am 832 words in and I'm literally holding back tears I hate thinking of this so much it's making me so sad :( I like keep having to remind myself he's a fictional character and Chandler Riggs is alive and well but oh my God I couldn't even imagine actually going through this.

Update update: I'm finished and I'm literally in tears like I'm crying I can't

I sit on the front porch steps rubbing my temples with my fingers. It's been such a long, stressful few days, and I just can't wait to see Carl. I'm not sure where he is at the moment, but I'm not worried- I know he'll be back soon. 

I just got back from a run with Rick, Michonne, and Daryl and I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat down. I was just gonna go to bed as soon as I got here but I wanted to see Carl first. Finally I see him in the distance and he looks panicked, but when he sees me he breaks into a jog with a smile on his face. I stand up and wrap him in a huge hug when he gets here. 

He flinches and grunts and I pull away. "What's wrong?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing, come here." Carl grabs me again and rubs his hand up and down my back, planting a kiss on the top of my head. 

"Carl, I love you, but what's wrong," I say again when we pull apart. 

Carl looks at me and doesn't say anything for a while. "I'll tell you later, okay? My dad said we're going to have a meeting in a few minutes. Then we can talk in my room."

I nod, knowing that's the best answer I'll get right now. Carl puts his arm around my waist and we walk towards the gate where Rick has people grouped up for the meeting. "What's it about?" I whisper to Carl when we get there. 

"Just an update on supplies and stuff I think. I'm surprised he didn't tell you about it."

I shrug. "Maybe he did and I just wasn't listening." When the wind blew I noticed a blood stain on Carl's shirt. I quickly grab his jacket and move it aside. "Carl, what the fuck happened, are you okay?!"

Carl shushes me and pulls me to the back of the crowd just as Rick starts talking. "Stop shouting I'm fine. Just a walker, it's dead."

I calm down a bit but throughout the meeting I can't stop thinking about how close to death he could have been. When did he even go out in the woods, anyway? 

When the meeting finishes Carl grabs my hand and drags me to his house. I'm a little worried since he doesn't say anything the entire time we make our way towards his room. He closes the door behind him and then turns to face me.

"If I show you..." he trails off, slightly shaking his head. 

I grab his hands. "Carl just show me."

Carl slowly pulls off his jacket and unbuttons his flannel. The blood on his shirt is even more visible and my stomach flips as I stare at it. He rolls up his t-shirt and the sight almost makes me faint and I gasp in shock.