Anxiety

Request by @McDonald77 (Paige)! 

Also don't forget to check out my #WelcomeToTheBlumhouse story on my account @lumpyflamingo !

"You look absolutely beautiful," Carl tells me as I walk into his room with my favorite dress on. I blush and self-consciously tug the bottom down a little bit.

"Are you sure it's not too short?"

Carl smiles. "It's not, I promise." He stands up from his bed and walks towards me. He places his hands on my waist and continues, "It fits you perfectly." He plants a soft kiss on my lips and I pull away when I get anxious thinking about the party. 

I rest my head on Carl's shoulder and wrap him in a hug, which calms me down a bit. 

"What's wrong?" he asks me, combing through my hair with his fingers. 

"I'm just nervous," I mutter into him.

Carl gives me a tight squeeze. "Hey, I'll be right with you the whole time, okay?"

I nod, thinking the worst about the party at Deanna's house. She wants to have a welcome party for our group since we arrived here a couple weeks ago and have mostly settled in. But I'm anxious as it is in a group of people I know, and her house will be filled with people I hardly know. 

I tug my dress down again but Carl reaches for my hand to stop me. "Paige, it's fine. It's almost down to your knees, don't worry, okay?"

I slightly smile and he holds my hand as we walk down the street towards Deanna's house. I can already hear the chatter as we walk up the porch steps, and my stomach flips again. "Carl," I say instinctively, stopping on the top step. My breathing picks up and I squeeze Carl's hand tight. 

He turns around and rubs my hand with his thumb. "You can do this, okay? I know you can. I won't leave your side."

I try to breathe deeply in and out and when Carl opens the door he places a hand on my back guiding me into the house. I don't know where to look and I feel like a ton of eyes are on us since we just came in. 

"Carl I can't do this. Can we go?" I whisper so only he can hear me. 

Carl wraps his arm around my waist and squeezes me into him. "Just a couple hours. Okay?"

I nod, my stomach swirling and my body shaking. "Where are we going?" I ask him as I notice him looking around. 

"I'm trying to find a spot where there aren't a lot of people for you."

I stop and tug on Carl's arm, making him turn around. "You don't have to do that just for me. Go wherever you want and I'll follow you."

He shakes his head and kisses the top of mine. "I'd never do that to you. You're my priority."

"Hey Carl," I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around and stand beside Carl as I see Ron flick his eyes towards me. "Who's this?" Ron asks as he looks me up and down which makes me tug my dress down again. 

"My girlfriend, Paige," Carl replies sternly, holding me tighter against him without even realizing it. 

"Damn," I hear Ron mutter, but Carl didn't seem to hear. "See you around?"

Carl just slightly nods and Ron walks past us. "Here, wanna go on the back porch?" He asks me. 

I nod and he leads me outside. Thankfully it was just us two on the porch, and I feel like I can breathe again. Carl doesn't mention what happened with Ron and neither do I. The slight breeze makes me shiver and Carl pulls me into a side hug with his other arm wrapped around the front of my waist. I rest my head on his shoulder and he rests his on the top of mine. 

"I'm sorry," I say softly. 

"What do you mean?" he asks, genuinely confused.

I can feel tears start to form in my eyes but I don't show it to him. "I'm ruining your night. You're not having fun."

"That's not true. Paige, I would love to be home right now with you in my arms as we fall asleep. I don't know what I would do without you. You are not ruining my night, you're making it better. I'd rather be with you than anywhere else right now." Carl rubs his hand up and down my arm. "Let's go home. We can sneak around this way without anyone noticing."

"No, Carl. You don't have to. It's okay, I'm fine-"

"Am I gonna have to carry you?"

I laugh and shake my head. "No, I'm just saying I don't want-" I stop mid sentence as Carl lifts me up, laughing. 

"Shh," Carl chuckles. "We have to go quietly!" He carries me over to his front steps and then sets me down so he can open the door. I follow him in the house and up to his room. 

"I'm taking off this damn dress," I say, ripping it over my head and grabbing one of Carl's shirts to put on. Carl is laying down on the bed with his arms open and I hop into them and rest my head on his chest. He lifts the blankets up around us and then pulls me closer to him. "I'm sorry," I whisper. 

"No," Carl replies. "Don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for. Didn't we already go over this?"

"Yeah but I feel bad."

"I love you too much to let you feel bad. What won't make you feel bad?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

Carl kisses my forehead. "I'm always here for you Paige. I love you."

I want Carl Grimes. :(