Get Over Yourself

No, I am still not okay after watching season 8 episode 9, thank you for asking. 

I sigh as I step out of my room, too tired to want to start my day yet. I'm not sure if I have anything to do today, but I decide I'll worry about that later. I grab a water bottle from the fridge, pop the cap off, and plop down on the couch. The house isn't mine completely- I share it with the Grimes and Michonne. 

Soon I hear footsteps pounding down the stairs and Carl enters the living room, freezing instantly when he sees me. 

"What are you doing?" Carl asks. 

I shrug in confusion. "Drinking water."

"You're in my spot," Carl points out. 

"Since when is this your spot? It's a damn couch, Carl."

"I always sit there, you know that," he insists. 

I shake my head, closing the cap on the water bottle and setting it aside. "I don't pay attention to where you sit. I don't care where you sit. Why is it such a big deal?"

Carl doesn't answer and instead squishes himself between me and the end of the couch.

"What the fuck, Carl!" I yell, laughing. 

"Should've moved," he shrugs. 

"You think I'm moving now? Hell no, I was here first, bitch," I giggle. I jokingly sit on his lap and instead of pushing me off like I think he was going to he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "Carl, you were supposed to move!" I tell him. 

"You were in my spot," he whispers in my ear which gives me goosebumps. Carl notices and rubs my arms. "Did I give you those?" 

I lie and say, "No, I'm just cold. Get over yourself. Okay, I need to go talk to your dad to see if I'm doing anything today." I start to stand up but Carl doesn't let me go and pulls me back down to him. "What are you doing!"

"I can't let you go just yet. I'm enjoying this."

I roll my eyes. "What exactly are you enjoying, annoying me?"

"Sure, if that's what you want to think." Before I even have a chance to say anything Carl kisses my cheek quickly and then stands up, letting me go. 

I pause for a moment. "Why are you acting so weird?"

"What do you mean?" Carl asks with a smirk, starting to head upstairs. 

"Okay whatever," I mumble. "I'm going to go talk to your dad." I fold my arms and open the door and Carl appears next to me. 

"Yeah that's a good idea," Carl says. "Me too."

I roll my eyes. "That's weird because I thought he told you yesterday you were helping Olivia with something in the armory?"

"I'm sure he'd let me help you instead."

"Carl I don't need help. Thanks, but I work better on my own."

Carl doesn't seem fazed by what I just said and follows me out the door to find Rick. 

When we reach Rick I ask, "Do you have anything for me to do today?"

"Us," Carl cuts in. "Do you have anything for us to do today?"

Rick looks at Carl. "You," he says. "Are supposed to be helping Olivia."

"But-"

"Carl," Rick says and he sighs, making his way over to the armory. Rick shakes his head then looks at me. "Could you start bringing that wood over there?" He points at part of the wall. "We're building more support against the wall. I can have Carl help you when he's done."