Only Me

I REALLY need to update more. I forgot how much I like writing these. I'm also extremely thankful and appreciative of all of your support, I genuinely never thought I'd get 200k+ reads on this! I'm so happy! 

Also, again, I picture Carl to be around 18, and I included Ron at the prison as well haha. I also made up a couple characters.

Also I'm thinking of and praying for everyone in Ukraine right now. I hope you all are safe. And for those in Russia who are against this, I'm also praying for you guys, too. This whole situation makes me so sad and I can't even imagine how terrifying it is for all of these poor, innocent people. I really hope this ends peacefully very very soon. ❤💕

For months now Carl has simultaneously made me feel like shit and loved depending on the day. He's giving me whiplash from the day-to-day changes he makes in his attitude towards me. On the days he 'hates' me I receive plenty of insults and pranks, sometimes including Ron, but most of the time it just being him. On the days he 'loves' me, however, we'll laugh and talk, having real conversations, and he'll even help me with tasks I've been assigned around the prison. 

As I stand up from my bed and exit my cell, I try to guess what today will be like. Which side of his mood swing will Carl be on today? 

But my thoughts are abruptly cut off when Bryson, Cameron, and Melanie rush up to me. "Is it true?" Bryson asks. 

"What?" I question, very confused. 

Melanie scoffs. "It is true, isn't it?" 

I shake my head in annoyance. "Is what true? What are you talking about?"

"You," she lowers her voice to a whisper, "fucked Carl Grimes!"

I am extremely taken aback and widen my eyes in surprise. "Wha- no- wait what?!" I shrill. "No the fuck I did not! Where the hell are you hearing this shit?" 

Cameron chimes in. "From the man himself. He seemed pretty proud."

"It's okay, Y/N," Melanie says, "it's nothing to be ashamed of. But we won't tell anyone. Promise."

As they turn away I say rather loudly, "But I didn't fuck Carl Grimes!" Nor would I ever, I think. 

"You sure about that?" a voice says behind me, making me jump. 

I spin around to face him. I start shoving him backwards with each word. "Carl. Fucking. Grimes." I realize I'm only making him take a step back each time so I stop. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" 

He chuckles. "How many more times are you gonna say 'fuck' or some sort of variant of it?" 

I ignore his comment and get up in his face. "You know for a fact that never happened."

"Wow," he says calmly. "If you get any closer it just might." I move backwards and then he says, "You did fuck me though. You fucked me over." 

I squint in confusion. "What? What are you even talking about?" 

"Remember last week when I took your shift in the watchtower?" 

I cross my arms. "Yeah...?"

"And remember what you said to me?" I shake my head and he continues. "You said you would take my shift the next week. Which happened to be last night. And your ass wasn't in the watchtower."

Oh shit. He's right. I completely forgot and now I can feel my face turning red as I look at the ground. 

He laughs angrily. "Look at me, Y/N." I do. "You know how I know this? Because I was woken up at three in the morning to an angry Damion asking what the hell I was doing in bed and not in the watchtower!"