Why Are You Staring At Me?

So first I don't update for like a week and now I write two in a row. That's pretty much how it's gonna be, although I'm really going to try to write everyday or every other day. I just get busy, and since college is starting soon I'll get even busier! But I'm really enjoying writing these stories!

Word Count (including bold text): 1386

Another hot-ass day in Alexandria. This kind of heat makes me irritated and miserable, especially when I'm working in it. Today I have the task of planting seeds for cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. I dig small holes into the ground in neat rows and place each vegetable seed (cucumbers and tomatoes are technically fruits but I mean-) in it's own section. 

After the planting is done and the seeds are covered, I look at my dirt-covered hands. I wipe them off the best I can on my shorts since they are already covered in soil anyway. I look up to locate the water barrels and notice Carl across the lake just staring in my direction. He had no smile and no frown; he just had a neutral expression and was staring. I was extremely confused and my face showed it, although he couldn't see. I turn my head thinking maybe he was looking at something behind me, but I see nothing except the fence in the background. 

"Okay, weird," I say out loud. I start focusing back on the task at hand. I fill up a watering can and then pour the water onto the plants. After I'm finished, I return the can and realize I'm done for the day. 

What should I do now? I think. Read? Not really in the mood. Maybe just relax? No, I kinda want to stay outside. Well, in the shade. 

I decide to just relax on the bench near the lake and watch the town and the people. Simple yet entertaining. However, when I'm almost at the bench I notice someone sitting on it already. Fucking Carl. And he's staring at me again. He has his arm stretched across the top of the bench and carries that same neutral expression. I know he did this on purpose, taking my spot. I always sit on this bench nearly everyday. Why the hell is he trying to make me hate him? We were never really great friends but we talked here and there. He's a nice guy- well up until now, I guess. I really don't know what his problem is. Did I say something wrong? Do something? Is he just waiting for me to confront him so he can yell at me? 

I know that Carl knows that I know he sat there on purpose. He knows that I stopped dead in my tracks because he took my spot. Instead of saying anything or going over to sit anyway, I decide to take up my other idea of relaxing in my room instead. I shake my head as I make my way to my house, upstairs, and then into my bed. 

After a few minutes I start to feel extremely hot so I go to open my window a bit. As I look out, I frown as I see Carl sitting against a nearby tree, staring at my window. At me. Again. 

"That's it," I mumble. I storm down the stairs, slamming the front door as I make my way outside. I march right up to Carl and this time he has a small smirk on his face; a smirk that I want to slap off. "Why the fuck do you keep staring at me? Did I say something to you? Are you mad at me? Because you know you can use your words instead of being a fucking creep about it."

Carl just looks up at me still smirking but not saying anything. 

"Like honestly Carl, what is your problem? I mean you've been-"

"You're just beautiful. I can't keep my eyes off of you," Carl finally says standing up. 

I'm shocked by what he just said, and it must have shown on my face because Carl laughs a little, looks at the ground, and then back up at me. "What? Carl stop joking, I'm serious," I say a little bit quieter. 

"It's not a joke. Look at you, you're gorgeous. I know you probably don't care since it's coming from me, but I can't stop looking at you," Carl says. 

"Carl I- I do care, especially since it's coming from you. I'm just honestly surprised. I never thought- I mean. I'm sorry I just..." I manage to get out. It's true, Carl's words were special to me and I will never forget them. I never even thought of Carl liking me, but I always found him handsome. I never really thought much of my feelings towards him, but they're definitely growing now. 

"It's okay, I know I kind of just put you on the spot," Carl laughs. After a few seconds he says, "come here." He reaches his hand out for me take. 

"What do you mean? Where are we going?" I ask.

"Just come on," he says, and I finally grab his hand. He leads me to his house. Rick and Michonne are busy in the town, so it's just Carl and I. He leads my to his room and shuts the door. Not in a weird way, just in a way so we have more privacy to talk. 

I scope out his room and take in the minimal items he has. A stack of comic books on the floor catches my eye. "Carl you have so many comic books. Where did you get all of these?" I ask picking up the one on top. I skim through it, surprised at how good of a condition it is in. 

"Well, I had some from when I was younger, when this whole thing started. Michonne finds some when she goes on runs. She knows I like them, so she grabs them for me."

I place the book back neatly on the pile and stand up. As I turn around, I feel hands grab my waist. I look up into Carl's eyes as he looks into mine, then down to my lips, and back up at me. 

"You are so fucking gorgeous, Y/N," he says, making me blush.

I look down but he gently lifts my chin up to look at him again. 

"Don't hide your face. I like it." Carl smiles, which makes me smile as well. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?" 

"Can I kiss you?" He asks. 

I nod in response and am immediately met with Carl's lips on mine. I sink into the kiss and grab the back of his neck as he moves his hands up and down my sides. He starts getting a little more rough in the kiss and pushes me against the wall. He moves down to my neck and leaves a trail of soft kisses, then moves back up to my lips. I run my hand through his hair when I suddenly hear the front door open then close. Rick and Michonne's voices echo throughout the house and Carl and I quickly pull apart, both staring at his closed bedroom door. 

"Shit," Carl whispers. He look at me and then says, "if they catch us they're gonna think the worst."

I laugh and say, "so what do we do? I can't just go down there and out the front door."

We hear footsteps climbing the stairs and I feel my stomach flip. I know it's not that bad of a situation, but this is so new, especially to Carl's dad. 

"Carl?" Rick's voice says as he knocks on the door. 

"Yeah?" Carl says softly.

Rick opens the door. "I need you to-" he stops when he sees my. He looks back and forth between me and Carl before he laughs and shakes his head. "Always knew it was gonna happen. Be safe."

I blush at his last words and Rick closes the door again, leaving Carl and I alone. 

"Want to go for a walk?" Carl asks. 

"That's probably a good idea," I reply. He quickly kisses my lips and holds my hand as we walk out the door. I think my life is going to get so much better.