The Enemies' Kids

Request from @hollandxzabini (Ali)! 

I can't even tell you how much I miss writing these every day :( I hate having this much schoolwork and then having to work on top of that... I love these and I am most certainly NOT done writing them! 

I can hear my heavy breathing as the leaves crunch beneath my feet. I've been walking for about an hour now in the humid woods, and I can feel my excitement building, just as it does every time I get to see him. I mean, I just saw him two days ago but the way I'm feeling right now you'd think I hadn't seen him in a year.

I finally spot our meeting point- a prominent rock squashed between two trees- and look around for him, but I don't see anything. My stomach flips a little bit because this rock is really close to Alexandria, and if anyone caught me this close I'd probably be dead. 

I'm being ridiculous, I tell myself as I plop my bag down on the rock. Suddenly I'm pulled into someone from behind and I let out a gasp as I try to reach for my knife. 

"Woah, Ali, it's just me! It's just me!" he says in my ear, spinning me around to face him. 

"Carl!" I wrap him in a strong hug and he rubs his hand up and down my back. He kisses the top of my head and I pull away. "You scared me, you asshole!"

Carl laughs. "And you were about to kill me!" He leans down and places a kiss on my lips, and I pull him closer to me. 

"I missed you," I whisper against his lips. 

"I missed you," he repeats. "Even though it's only been two days."

I smile and grab my bag again. "So what do you wanna do?"

"Well," Carl starts. "I have to be back before sunset or it would be suspicious. You should probably be back sooner before your dad sets Alexandria on fire."

I giggle, although we both know this is exactly what would happen. "It's fine, I'm sure he wouldn't question much. He's too busy."

"Your dad is Negan. I would be beaten with that bat if he ever found out where you were right now."

"And I would be shot dead if yours found out," I respond. 

Carl smirks and wraps me in a hug again, resting his chin on my head. "This whole Romeo and Juliet thing sucks. I wish I could let everyone know you're mine."

"Carl, we can create our own ending. I would really like to avoid suicide."

Carl doesn't say anything for a while. Finally, he pulls away and says suddenly, "I can bring you inside the walls."

"What?" 

"Inside Alexandria. I can do it. Today. I was just thinking and- and..."

I look down. "Carl you know that's not possible."

"It is. I've seen Enid climb over the wall. I can bring you in that same path. I'll give you my flannel and hat, pretend you're not Negan's daughter. Whatever I have to do."

I open my mouth to object, but then I close it again. What if we can actually make it? This would be my first time in Alexandria that I wouldn't have to pretend to hate Carl. If he could sneak me to his room I'd have all day in Alexandria with him...

I finally nod my head. "We have to try."

Carl has a huge smile on his face and smashes his lips on mine in excitement. "Come on," he says, kissing my cheek. "It's only about a quarter mile walk to the walls." He grabs my hand as I make my way to my enemy's land with my boyfriend, who's supposed to be my enemy.