New Date (Part 1)

Sometimes I take OTP prompts or sentences or something, choose three, and combine them into one for these imagines. Super fun. 10/10 would recommend. I will let you know when I do this! 

Yes, I did it in this one. 

Also just imagine that Spencer is like 18-20ish in this because Y/N and Carl are like 17-18 (or at least that's how I picture them)

"Carl! Carl, guess what!" I shout when I walk through the front door of his house without knocking. Rick is standing by the couch with Michonne drinking a cup of coffee before he starts his day. 

Rick points up the stairs and Michonne laughs at my excitement. I rush up the stairs and barge into Carl's room, but he's still sleeping. 

"Carl, get the fuck up, I have something to tell you!" I say, whacking him with a pillow. 

He finally sits up and groggily opens his eyes. He stares at me a moment before saying in a scratchy voice, "What the fuck?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm giving you twenty seconds to wake up so you can actually understand what I'm saying."

Carl rubs his eyes and slowly sits up in his bed, yawning. "Okay, I'm ready. What's your exciting news?"

I take a small breath before I spill. "Spencer asked me out! Like on a date!" I clap my hands excitedly. 

Carl doesn't smile. In fact, Carl doesn't do anything. 

"Ugh, are you still too tired? Am I gonna have to explain this again in twenty minutes?"

"Like, Spencer Monroe? Deanna's son?" 

I nod my head. "The only Spencer in Alexandria, dipshit. I'm literally so happy right now."

"That's great," Carl says. "When? And where are you going?"

"Tonight. Well, evening. Around five."

"And where are you going?" he repeats. 

I was hoping he wouldn't ask again. He won't like my answer. "Over the wall," I mumble. 

"Huh?" Carl questions, raising his eyebrows.

"Over the wall," I say clearly but quietly. 

Carl shakes his head. "No, you're not. Tell him you're not and that you guys are going somewhere else that is in Alexandria's walls."

"Carl, you can't make me do that. It's not like I'm going alone. Besides, he says he's going to show me a special spot he always goes to, so you know it's safe if he's been there a million times."

Carl quickly gives up, knowing that I'm going to go anyway. "Please be safe."

I smile at him. "You know I will."

When I get downstairs Rick is dressed and Michonne is gone. "Bye Rick," I say with a wave. He nods his head in response. 

As I'm walking back to my house I'm stopped by a smiling Spencer. "Hey," he says. "You know that rock on the right side of the entrance about two hundred feet out in the woods? The giant one that you really can't miss?"

I nod. 

"Let's meet up there at five, okay? Then I can take you to my spot."

"Okay," I respond, but inside I'm screaming with joy. 

"I gotta go, helping my mom with something. See you at five," he says, jogging back to his house. 

I smile to myself and sit on my porch steps, soaking in the sun. Not too long later Carl joins me on the steps.