The Line Up

Request by @McDonald77 (Paige)! Thanks for the request, I love it!! (also whatever is in italics is like the past like what happened/backstory sorta thing if that makes sense) (I changed details from the real scene a little)

I literally had so much fun writing this one, especially the beginning. 

"Eenie," Negan starts. "Meenie.. Miney... Mo..."

"Carl, stop!" I laugh, trying to take my book back.

"No, not until you say you're not going! It's too dangerous."

I roll my eyes. "Then how come you can go?" 

Carl opens his mouth to speak but then stops. He can't think of anything. 

"Exactly!" I laugh again, playfully shoving him as a grin appears on his face. 

"Catch... a tiger... by... his toe." Negan's smile is sickening as he points a bat to everyone's face. Carl is kneeling next to me and keeps glancing at me with worry. 

"It's okay," he mouths to me as Negan continues down the line. I slightly nod. 

"Fine," Carl says finally. "But only because I'm there to protect you. I'll make sure you're safe."

A big smile is planted on my face and I hug him. "I knew you'd give in. Can't go anywhere without your best friend."

"Of course not," Carl replies, hugging me back. 

"If... he hollers," Negan continues. "Let him go." The bat is pointed at me when he says this line and my stomach flips and my heart drops. I feel dizzy and like my breath has been taken away. 

I stare at Negan and can see Carl shuffling around trying to find what to say to stop him. 

We rush down the road in the RV as Carl holds my hand, rubbing his thumb up and down trying to calm me down. Maggie isn't doing so well and we're driving as fast as we can to Hilltop to get to the doctor. 

Rick mumbles, "Shit," and he stops the RV. Carl and I get up to see the problem and notice a group of Saviors blocking the road. Rick reverses directions in order to take a different route. 

"My mother," Negan continues on to Carl which makes us both let out the breath we were holding. I thought I was dead. "Told me... to pick... the very... best... one... and you... are... it."

"No!" I hear someone scream as Negan swings his bat. 

"Carl?" I say softly as we reach the last route we could possibly take that's filled with Saviors- there are more here than any other route. 

"We'll be okay, Paige," he whispers. "I promise."

The awful whistling was all I heard before we were forced in a line on our knees.

Sasha cries out while Abraham's head is getting beat with Lucille, blood splattering everywhere. I don't want to look but when I don't hear any more sound I glance over and there is nothing left of Abraham's head. 

My mouth drops open in horror and I start to fall even more but Carl grabs my arm and lifts me up. "It's okay," he whispers. "You're okay."

I'm too shocked to even cry right now. I thought maybe- maybe- we could all get out of this alive somehow. 

When Negan was done smashing Abraham's head he smiles and looks down the line to Carl and I. Carl looks disgusted but angry. Negan strolls over and sticks the bat covered in blood and flesh in his face.