You'd Make A Good Wife

Request from @desiraesthetic ! Thank you for the request!

(slight) Warning: small parts of sexual abuse/remarks/situations-ish

I FUCKING FINISHED SCHOOL. I HAVE MY ASSOCIATE IN EDUCATION. I'M SO HAPPY!

ALSO, ngl I love Negan too (NOT the sexual abuse scenes/sentences/situations, no one should have to go through that and it is awful! I'm just in love with Negan!) . Sorry Carl and Y/N. 

"On your knees for me? Good girl," Negan chuckles while staring at me and biting his lip with a smirk. 

Carl shuffles a bit and I glance at him trying to tell him that it's okay and to not do anything. We're out in the middle of nowhere, kneeling down on the dirt in a line. Negan was taking a look at all of us and paused when he met my eyes. 

Negan squats down in front of me and places a hand on my cheek as he continues to hold eye contact. He smiles and rubs his thumb up and down. "I'd love to see what that mouth could do," he whispers so only Carl and I can hear him before standing up and swinging Lucille around. "Hot damn, you'd make a good wife. You might even be my favorite." 

Carl mutters something that I can't understand, but I hit him in the arm so he doesn't do anything stupid. Negan then looks between the two of us while biting his lip to hold back a smile. 

Pointing Lucille at us he says, "Oh, I see. You two are a thing, aren't you? So kid," Negan gestures to Carl. "How's she in bed? Anything I should know before I bring her back to the Sanctuary?"

"Enough," Rick speaks up. "You sick fuck."

Negan pauses, raises his eyebrows, and slowly steps towards Rick. "So you're telling me," he smirks, "that you never once thought about banging the hottest woman in your group? Not once?"

Rick looks disgusted and shakes his head. He already sees me as his daughter-in-law even though Carl and I aren't married. "She's 18."

Negan shrugs. "She's legal. Not that it matters anymore." He groans as he stands up and then looks over at me. "Come here, darling." 

I just stay put and lock eyes with him, and I can feel Carl staring at me with worry. I'm trying to look brave although I am absolutely shaking and terrified. 

Negan shakes his head a little in frustration. "It'd be a shame if this kid lost another eye, wouldn't it?" 

"Y/N," Carl interrupts, turning his head towards me and shaking it slightly. 

Disobeying Carl, I hesitantly stand up and make my way over to Negan. All I can hear is the sound of the dirt crunching beneath my boots as everyone holds their breath, waiting to see what Negan has in mind. I certainly won't let him touch Carl. Ever. 

Negan chuckles. "God, the way you listen to me is really turning me on."

By this point I know Negan is only saying this to get a reaction out of someone so he'll have another excuse to kill or harm. But it still makes my stomach twirl in anger so I bite my cheek to calm down. 

"Don't think I forgot about Rick the Prick's comment over there. That'll cost you a finger, young lady."

My eyes widen in shock. "A- what?" But for a second fear has left me and before I know it my hand meets Negan's face as hard as it can. When I lower my arm there's a red handprint where I just slapped him. 

Negan looks shocked, shakes his head a little as if coming back to reality, and then laughs. "Wow. Wow! That..." He never finished his sentence and instead grabs my shoulder, spins me around so I'm facing the group, and holds a knife to my neck. 

In an instant Carl jumps up and yells, "Don't you dare fucking do it, asshole!"  

Negan frowns. "Back off, kid. You're not helping her situation," he demands, but Carl stays put. A sigh escapes Negan and all he says is, "Simon."

The man called Simon comes up from behind and places a gun against Carl's temple, causing me to gasp and Carl to freeze in a panic, although he loosens up and I know he's trying not to show fear. I hear Maggie start to cry as Glenn tries to calm her down. 

"Kid, move." Negan says, and Carl finally backs off as Simon continues to point the gun at him, but he doesn't kneel back down in the line. Simon finally lowers the gun and I instinctively let out a sigh of relief and release a small amount of the tension I have built. "Now that we've settled that-" Negan releases me and strolls over to the last person in the line. 

And the world suddenly stops as I take in what's happening. The blood, the sounds, the smell of Lucille smashing his skull, his eye popping out of his socket. All I can do is stare, and I want to look away but I can't. My best friend since the beginning of it all. And Negan won't stop. He just keeps smacking his head on the ground until it's mush, and then keeps on hitting. 

"Glenn!" Maggie screams in agony, bringing me back to my senses. 

"No!" I shout. "No, no, no, stop! Stop it!" I start to charge at Negan but Carl pulls me back into him so tight and I can't escape and tears are blurring my vision until Carl covers my eyes and spins me around so I'm not facing the scene. "Let me go!" I scream at him. "It's my fault! It's my fault... it's my fault." I sink down to my knees and Carl follows, wrapping me in his arms and brushing my hair with his hand. I can feel his tears running down my forehead but I hardly notice them as I'm crushed with guilt. If I would have just listened to Negan or played along to keep my group safe... Maybe if I yelled at Carl and Rick to shut the hell up Glenn wouldn't be mashed into the ground...

Carl placed one hand over my ear and whispered into the other, "It's not your fault. It's not your fault, Y/N. Shh, it's okay." He kisses my forehead and leaves his lips there before pulling away again. 

Trucks pulling away and loud bangs and shouts snap me out of my thoughts and I see the Saviors finally leave us. When they're gone and only quiet sobs can be heard from our group, I look at Carl as I try not to cry. 

"Do you wanna stand up?" he quietly asks. I nod and Carl pulls me up with him, then wraps me in a hug. "We'll be okay. That asshole won't stop us from living- not just surviving, but actually living." 

"But Glenn..." I start.

Carl shakes his head and plants a kiss on the top of mine. "It's not your fault. Glenn would want you to know that. He'll be watching over you, protecting you from now on. I know it." 

This can't be real. It can't be happening right now. 

But it is. And I will personally take Negan's life for it. 

Woo! Back to writing! Hope you enjoy! Sorry for the looooooong break haha