Mad At You

Guess what??!! Next semester is my last semester until I graduate with my Associate Degree!! I can't even believe it!

Also if you like Why Don't We you'll appreciate the title name.

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! Also (trigger warning) mentions of suicide. 

"Paige, darling, you're being ridiculous!" Carl shouts from the top of the stairs. 

"Oh, I'm being ridiculous?! Darling," I mock, "you were the one who stole my weapons which meant I couldn't go on the run with them!" I holler back up at Carl. 

Carl sighs and jogs down the stairs. I stare at him and he lowers his voice a bit, but still has a stern tone. "You mentioned that you wanted to kill yourself four times yesterday. The day before that it was five. In total the past two weeks, forty-two times. And that's only from what I've heard. I love you and I don't want you getting hurt."

I'm initially shocked by his words but too pissed to care about them. "That doesn't give you the right to touch my fucking stuff!" 

"It does when I'm trying to protect you!" Carl tells me, raising his voice again.

"Oh, so stealing is protecting now?"

"Would you rather me Blue Paper you instead?"

I scoff. "Blue Paper- what the fuck are you gonna do, Carl? Lock me down in that cell with Negan?"

Carl stares at me expressionless, but says in a serious tone, "If that's what it comes to, I will."

"Yeah? And who's gonna 'approve' your Blue Paper?" I ask mockingly, but deep down, based on his serious tone, I'm a little worried he's actually going to try to lock me up. 

He rolls his eyes. "You know Daryl would if it came down to it. My dad. Glenn. Maggie. Carol-"

"Carol doesn't give a damn about me, and the others could live without me." I turn around in disappointment and anger.

I hear Carl sigh behind me. "Paige, you know we all love you! Maybe you aren't feeling it, but yours and Carol's blueberry muffin Sundays would not be the same without you. Carol would miss her baking buddy."

"Now is not the time for that bullshit, Carl," I spit back, turning around again to face him. "You know what you did? You made me look weak and immature- like a little girl who can't do anything for herself. You think they're going to ask me to go on another run again? Huh, Carl?" He doesn't answer me so I continue, but lower my voice. "I'll be useless and annoying. And you just wait- that's when I'll be a burden. That's when I'll slit my wrists so I won't just be another mouth to feed."

Carl's face drops and he turns white. "Are you blaming me? Are you blaming me for your fucked up thoughts and feelings? I'm trying to help you because I fucking love you and if you... if you actually did it you would blame it on me?" Tears are welling in his eyes as he starts shouting. "You know, maybe you could actually be mature by accepting the help I am giving! If you weren't so damn selfish you would realize how shitty taking your own life would be."

My mouth drops open and I feel a lump in my throat, but I swallow it and shake my head. "So now I'm immature and selfish?" I say quietly. "Guess I really should just get out of everyone's lives then, huh?"

Carl quickly shakes his head. "No, Paige, that's not what I meant. I was trying to get you to understand... I didn't even mean to say it!" He gently reaches out to grab my hand but I back up to avoid him.