I Hate You

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! Finally updated! I'm definitely not done with these, I've just been super busy. I'm trying to update when I can because I love writing these :)

"Carl Grimes!" I yell at him while laughing. Carl grabbed my waist from behind trying to scare me as I entered the kitchen. 

"I told you I could scare you," he says softly, not letting go. 

I roll my eyes and pull away from him, turning to face him. "No, you didn't scare me! I was only surprised."

"That's what people who are scared would say," Carl laughs, pulling me into him for a hug. "I'm sorry," he chuckles. 

"No you're not!" I tease. Carl and I have been best friends since the beginning of the apocalypse, and our friendship only grew stronger since we were able to share the same house. I have no idea what I would do without him. 

"Well I guess I'll have to try again," he whispers in my ear. He lets go of me as I giggle. "Come on, let's go lay on my bed and be lazy. I'm too tired to do anything right now."

I follow him up the stairs and he jumps in the middle of his bed, laying on his back. I stand at the edge of his bed with my arms crossed. 

"You coming?" Carl asks, looking at me confused.

"I can't, you're taking up the entire bed!"

Carl pats the two small spots next to him. "This is not the entire bed. There's space here, and here. Come on!" He opens his arms wide and I'm confused so I slowly sit on the space of the bed next to him. "Oh come on, Paige, do I have to do everything?" Carl wraps his arms around my stomach and pulls me down next to him. I giggle and feel butterflies as Carl is still holding me tight. 

"Why are you acting so weird today?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Carl asks sleepily. 

"You're just..." I try to think of the word I'm looking for. "Clingy. Not that it's bad, it's just not usually you."

Carl sighs and hesitates. "I had a dream about you last night. You were..." he pauses. "Well, you were bitten. And we couldn't save you. Paige, the pain I felt in that dream... I couldn't even imagine if it were reality. I just realized how much I've taken for granted. I don't want to lose you."

I shuffle myself around to face him and he stares at me. "I'm right here. I'm not leaving Carl." 

The front door opens and shuts and Carl and I both sit up on the edge of the bed quickly, realizing how close we were but not acknowledging it. 

"We should go downstairs," Carl says softly. "I think that's my dad."

I nod in agreement and we meet Rick in the living room. 

"Carl," Rick says. "Can you go help Tara at the armory? I just needed to grab this-" he holds up a knife- "but I'll be helping Daryl." 

"Yeah," he answers. "Come with?" Carl asks me as Rick walks out of the house. 

"Oh, I would but I'm actually hanging out with Ron soon. After he's done helping his mom with something."

Carl's face drops but he then forces a smile. "Oh. That's cool, what are you guys gonna do?"

"I don't- I don't know. He hasn't, uh- we haven't really planned..." I stutter. 

"Wait is this a date?" He asks uncertainly. 

"What? No! Of course not. Carl, we're just friends!" 

Carl sighs. "Paige, you're not telling me something. What aren't you telling me?"