Enemy Act

I couldn't help myself and now I'm writing another one a couple hours later haha. Enjoy :) (also in this part Daryl is Y/N's dad because I absolutely love the Daryl/daughter thing in other imagines) 

Word Count (including bold text): 1868

Carl and I have a strange friendship. I mean, I think we're friends, but we're always messing with each other or trying to get each other in trouble. Carl has stood up for me from Ron, Spencer, and even his own dad- Rick. I know I would do the same for him; we're the only ones that can insult and 'bully' each other. In fact, yesterday Carl told my dad, Daryl, that Enid offered to do my homework for me and I accepted that offer. For three weeks now. Let's just say Dad wasn't too happy and is now making me do my three weeks worth of homework myself. 

Fortunately, Dad's out on a run today so I have a homework-free day. At first I don't know what I wanted to do, but when I look out the window and see Carl gazing up at the fence, I decide to investigate. I sneak out of the house and hide behind a tree, watching Carl walk back and forth along the fence. He looks around a couple times but doesn't move his spot. Rick didn't go on the run, so I'm surprised Carl isn't helping him. After one more look around, Carl jumps up on the fence and starts climbing. My mouth opens in shock and I get a smile on my face. Karma's a bitch, huh Carl?

I run out from behind the tree before Carl can make it up the fence too far. "Carl!" I yell. He jumps and turns his head towards me, stopping his climbing. I block my eyes from the sun as I look up at him and say, "what, uh, what are you doing?" But I know exactly what he's doing. "Does your dad know where you are? I'm surprised you're not helping him with something."

"Y/N, no. Please!" Carl yells after he sees the smirk on my face. 

"Please what?"

"Oh, you know what. Don't tell my dad. Just let me go," Carl begs. 

"Okay," I say. "I'll let you go..." I stay put. 

"Really?" Carl asks. 

In response I start running towards Carl's house. 

"Fuck," I hear Carl shout. 

I run as fast I can around the lake when I'm suddenly tackled to the ground. I'm lying flat on my stomach and Carl is laying right on top of me, not moving. 

"Seriously? Get the fuck off of me."

"You're going to tell him. I'm doing what I have to."

"Carl, get off," I say more sternly. 

"Nope," he says. He hovers over me as he pushes up so I flip over trying to get up. He places his forearm on my chest to hold me down. 

"Okay, I won't tell. I'll just go home."

"I'm not stupid," he says, rolling his eyes. "But now I'm trying to think because I don't know what to do with you. Like, no matter what if I let you go my dad's going to yell at me after you tell him. You won't keep a promise, and I can't do anything to persuade you not to tell him. So, I guess we'll have to stay like this until I figure it out." 

"Until you figure- Carl no, get off of me!"

"Hold on!" he says. "What will it take for you to not tell?"

I think for a moment. "Take me with you."

"Over the fence? Hell no, it's too dangerous I don't want you getting hurt."

"Oh so it's okay for you to be in a dangerous situation, huh? And since when do you care about my well-being?" I ask sarcastically.

"Then I guess I'm not getting up just yet."