I Was Just Jealous

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! I literally love getting your requests thank you so much!!

Also, I entered the WelcomeToTheBlumhouse competition, and if you want you can read what I wrote! It's supposed to be an original fiction scene in 500 words or less. It is on my other account, @lumpyflamingo and it is the only story I have posted on that account. Thank you!! :)

Paige POV:

"Where are you going?" Carl asks me, as I run down the stairs. Carl, Rick, Michonne, and I all live in this house. I've known Carl forever- he's my best friend.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Carl rolls his eyes and leans back onto the counter. "I just asked where you were going."

"Well..." I start. "I'm first going to the kitchen to get breakfast." I walk slowly into the kitchen and grab a banana. "Then I was planning on seeing if Carol needs help in the kitchen. Why?"

He shrugs. "Thought we could hang out today. But clearly you're busy," he teases and I laugh.

"Oh, I'm super busy and don't want to hang out with you at all," I tease back, causing Carl to chuckle. 

"Come on, let's just chill in my room or something since it's raining."

I nod and follow Carl up the stairs and into his room, which is right next to mine. This rainy day is making me cold and I cross my arms to keep warm. The lack of sun makes the room dark but also relaxing in a way.

Carl flicks on the light switch but nothing happens. We both look up at the light bulb. "Power must have gone out," he says, shrugging. 

That would explain why it's so cold. 

"You're cold," Carl states, not asks. 

I shake my head. "I'm fine-"

Carl rips his sweatshirt off and tosses it to me. 

"Thanks," I say quietly, slipping it over my head. My body starts to warm up but I can still feel a chill on my nose. "Now what?" I plop myself down on his bed and snuggle into his blankets.

"Damn, you know those are my blankets, right?" Carl laughs. 

"I'm cold," I whine. 

He jumps on the bed next to me and I giggle. Carl tries to rip the blankets away from me but I put up a fight. "Do you even know what sharing is?"

I laugh. "I do, but I don't want to share right now, Carl!"

"It's not a choice!" he chuckles. "Fine, you know what? You'll be keeping me warm." Carl manages to slip himself under the blanket and wraps me into a hug, causing me to blush and giggle again. He places a cold hand under my shirt on my stomach causing me to gasp and push away from him. 

"Carl, what the fuck! You're freezing!" 

"Are you going to share the blankets now?" he asks. 

I roll my eyes. "Fine." I lift the blankets and Carl climbs under them. I can feel the heat radiating off of Carl's body and it instantly warms me up, causing me to fall asleep. 

When I wake up the sun is finally shining again and Carl is gone. I don't think anything of it and slowly get out of bed and make my way down to an empty living room. 

I stretch and then head outside, soaking in the warm afternoon sun. 

"Paige!" I hear a voice say.