Carl, Just Do It

700 reads! Thank you all so much I can't even tell you how happy I am!!! Also I really don't know if I should do the sad one. Still holding on to the idea, but I haven't been able to write it yet lol

Word Count (including bold text): 1497

My breathing is extremely heavy as Negan grabs my shoulder and holds a knife up to my neck with Lucille leaning against the camper behind us. Carl shuffles a bit in anger, but then quickly stops himself knowing I could be dead if he does anything. 

Negan smiles at Carl. "Good choice, kid. Wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt, would we?"

Carl glares at Negan but doesn't say anything. He's gripping the ground as hard as he can so he doesn't take his anger out on Negan. 

"Now," Negan begins. "Because of you, Rick, this lovely girl has to die today."

 I freeze at what he just told the group and I see Carl's eyes go wide as he sinks even lower on his knees.

"No, no... No, please..." Rick trails off. "I'll- I'll do..."

"What?" Negan asks. "You'll do anything?" The tip of the knife now dances across my neck and I can feel myself shaking, but I try to act brave. 

Rick nods in shock. "Yeah," he breathes. 

"Anything doesn't cut it you killed a group of my men and I was generous enough to only kill two of yours!" Negan yells, pushing the side of the blade to my neck again. He smiles and calmly says, "And now it'll be three."

I look at Carl in fear and see him in tears mouthing 'no' over and over again. He has to use his hands to support himself so he doesn't fall on the ground. 

"You can't... You can't do this..." Rick says in defeat. 

Negan lowers his knife and I breathe out heavily. "Me? I ain't doing shit," Negan says. "Kid come up here," he gestures to Carl. 

Carl looks shocked and doesn't stand up. 

"Come on," Negan beckons. 

Carl finally stands up slowly and takes small steps towards me. When he gets within an arm's length distance Negan sticks out the knife for Carl to grab. He just stares at me in my eyes and doesn't reach for the knife.

"Kid, take it. You don't want to know what happens if you don't."

Carl gingerly takes the knife out of Negan's hand and holds it in midair. I feel tears trying to escape me but I hold them back. 

"Slit her throat," Negan demands. 

Carl finally tears his eyes away from me to look at Negan in shock and anger. "What?"

"Slice her throat. If you make it quick enough she won't suffer."

Carl shakes his head and drops his hand with the hand down to his side. "No. No, I'm not. I can't."

"Kid, there are over fifty guns pointed at you and your people right now if you don't kill your girlfriend your entire group is dead. Gone. And I'll make sure to kill you last... eventually."

"I can't..." he says. "Kill me instead. Not Y/N."

"No. This is the only way. Carl, this is all on you. You are responsible for either one death or many. Choose wisely."

"Carl," I whisper and he looks at me. "Just do it. Just do it." Tears are finally pouring out and there's nothing I can do to stop them. "I love you. You have to do it."

"I love you, Y/N," Carl whispers back, tears falling down his face, too. 

Negan pretends to look at a watch on his wrist. "Oh my God. Are you gonna make me count? Kid, you have fifteen seconds to make your decision."