That's My Girl

Had to make up some characters again. I like this one because Y/N is such a badass. Hope you all like it :)

During the beginning of the apocalypse I was terrified. I sucked at physical activity, had no idea how to hunt, and didn't even know how to hold a knife properly. I was afraid I would be dead weight and everyone would grow to dislike me, so I knew I had to change. Well, it took me a couple of weeks to actually try to change because I was so nervous that I would fail. 

But I didn't want the whole group to notice my attempts at improving- it'd be embarrassing if they caught me trying to learn an extremely basic concept. I decided that this technically could be a life or death situation so I really just needed to learn. I was way too intimidated by Rick and Daryl to ask them, especially since they seem to be holding this group together, and I realized the one person I felt most comfortable asking for help was Carl Grimes. 

Carl and I weren't really 'friends' per se, but we always got along well.  To my surprise, he very willingly- almost excitedly- agreed to help me practice my skills. At first I was nervous and afraid to make a mistake, but Carl never made me feel 'dumb' or 'useless,' which I was super thankful for. He seemed to have a ton of patience even after I missed the target for the twelfth time in a row, and we soon developed a friendship. As we got to know each other more, we both developed some stronger feelings for each other. At this point we've been dating for about six months now, and I'm the happiest I have been since the start of the walkers. 

Carl made me feel more confident in my skills which led me to obtain more responsibility around the prison. However, he would never accept my thank yous and told me that he had only brought the hidden skills out of me and refused (and still refuses) to take any credit. 

Ever since we moved to Alexandria I've been practicing most days on my own with different weapons and physical activity. I absolutely hate running, but I know I must do it in order to survive in this world, so I still practice. Besides, there's not much else to do after I'm finished with the day's tasks. 

Today, however, I decide to take a rest day, exhausted from the physical work I've been doing by helping to strengthen the walls. Instead, I try to find Carl and see what he's been up to. Almost immediately I see him walking up to his house. 

"Carl!" I shout, which causes him to turn around. I rush over and wrap him in a huge hug, making him laugh. "I missed you."

Carl squeezes me and then we pull away. "You literally saw me this morning. Which was about five hours ago." 

I shrug. "Okay? And I missed you for five hours."

"Yeah, okay I missed you too. So Ron's friend Tyler is throwing this party at that shack about a half mile out that way-" he points to the back of Alexandria over the walls- "if you wanted to go." 

I nod. "Yeah, sounds fun. What time?"

"He just said when the sun starts to set. We'll have to sneak off quietly, but Enid says she knows a way out and she'll show us tonight."

At that statement we both enter the house and go up to Carl's room. I plop down on his bed and sigh. 

"Didn't you just work in that?" Carl whines. "And now you're on my bed?"

I giggle. "Yup."

I hear Carl groan before one of his flannels is thrown at my face. He knows me so well. I take off the shirt I'm wearing and slip on the flannel while Carl does the same with one of his other clean flannels. 

"I'm literally so fucking tired," I exclaim. 

Carl sits down on the edge of the bed next to me. "Same."