Meeting

@thief_queen's post gave me this idea! She posts different dialogue/writing prompts. 

Word Count (including bold text): 1845

I'm laying in Carl's bed with my eyes closed, waiting for him to come home, which shouldn't be long now. Even though I see him everyday I can't help but feel excited to be with him again. 

Finally I feel the bed next to me sink and Carl's warmth against my body. "Tired?" Carl asks, rubbing my back. 

"Yeah," I answer turning around to face him. He brushes my hair out of my face and smiles down at me. Carl kisses my forehead and keeps his lips pressed against it. 

"You know I love you, right?" He whispers.

"You know I love you more, right?" I respond. 

Carl chuckles and plays with my hair, then finds my lower back so he can pull me closer to him. This time he rests his chin on the top of my head which is pressed into his chest. 

"Carl?"

"Hm?"

"When the sun goes down tonight I'm going to take a walk outside the walls, want to come with me?"

Carl sits up quickly with his arm still wrapped around my waist, looking at me with concern. "No you are not," he insists. 

This time I sit up. "Why? It's just a walk. I'm sick of being stuck in these walls."

"Because it's too fucking dangerous and I don't want to lose you! Especially at night- Y/N what are you even thinking?" Carl asks angrily. 

I stand up off the bed and fold my arms. "Why are you mad at me?"

"No, look," Carl stands up and grabs my arms. "I'm not mad," he says softly. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

"Well it's my decision, Carl! I am more than capable of protecting myself, and you know that!" I start to yell. "Why do you have to be so damn overprotective?"

"Y/N I don't think this is just being overprotective!" he argues, raising his voice. "There are walkers and terrible people out there, and even the most badass people still get killed in this world!"

"Well you need to learn that people can make decisions for themselves," I reply.

"Please think about this realistically. I don't want you getting hurt. I just want you to be safe in my arms!" 

I roll my eyes. "I don't know why you care so much!" 

"I don't why you're not even thinking this all the way through!" Carl yells. 

"I can do whatever the hell I want!"

Carl sighs. "I'm so sick of the fucking attitude you keep giving me, Y/N."

"Attitude? Really, Carl? Calm down, sweetheart," I say sarcastically before I'm shoved up against the wall with Carl's hand behind my head so I don't get hurt. 

Our faces are inches apart and his hands are on my waist holding me put. "Better watch that tone," he whispers. 

"Why?" I taunt.

"Because it's so fucking hot," Carl replies. He places his lips on my neck and bites gently. I tilt my head back unintentionally as I grip Carl's back for support. I suddenly forget why I am mad at him in the first place. 

"Carl..." I whisper. He doesn't stop for the longest time, and when he finally does he moves his lips to mine instead. 

He reaches down to the back of my thighs. "Jump," he instructs. I do as I'm told and wrap my legs around his waist as he pushes me against the wall again. Carl licks my bottom lip and then explores my mouth with his tongue. I run out of breath and pull back, so Carl moves back down to my neck, biting and sucking again. I run my hands through his hair and he carries me over to the bed, laying me down still attached to my neck. He hovers over me and and smashes his lips on mine again, kissing more roughly this time. Carl's hand travels up and down my stomach under my shirt and the other one is placed by the side of my head. He pulls away from me and stares into my eyes for the longest time, and then finally smiles.