Let Me Break Up With You

NUMBER 30 NOW IN CARLGRIMES??? THANKS SO MUCH! 

Also I based this off of something I saw like years ago I think it was just a screenshot of a text conversation or something?? But it's cute and I like it. 

I wander around the prison cell unit, bored out of my mind. However, I can't stop thinking about Carl... 

This morning before he left for his run he came to say bye, but he had the worst look on his face. I asked him what was wrong, and after a while of persuading him to tell me he finally said he hates himself. I want him to be in my arms again right now. So I can tell him how much he means to me and how much I love him. 

He should be back any time now, fortunately. It's been a really long day of doing nothing but think. 

I head back into my cell and plop down on my bed, sighing. I close my eyes and sit in silence for a while before I realize I just need to distract myself. I grab the book off of my floor next to me and flip open to the page that I bent the corner on. 

A little while later I hear a voice and look out to see Rick. That means he's back. Finally I see Carl appear in my doorway and I rush over to him with a big hug. He wraps his arms around me and rests his forehead on my shoulder. 

"You're fucking perfect," I whisper in his ear. "I'm serious. I wish you could see yourself the way that I see you, Carl. I love you."

Carl sniffles and tries to hide it but I push him back gently and rest my hands on his shoulders. "I love you, Y/N," Carl says. "So much."

"Come cuddle and read with me?" I ask, hugging him again.

"Just cuddle. I just want to cuddle."

I drag him over to my bed and I lay down opening my arms for him. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I open my book again and continue reading from where I left off. I'm so into my book twenty minutes later that I don't hear Carl until he says my name a little louder. 

"Y/N?" 

"Yeah?" I ask, not looking up from my book. 

"I- I think we should break up. I'm not good enough for you. I feel bad pouring my problems onto you, and I hate myself. I don't want to. I want to be with you forever, but I can't keep doing this to you."

"Nope," is all I say, still focused on the words on the page. 

"What? Y/N are you listening? I'm doing this for you. I can't live like this knowing I'm bothering you every second." Carl rubs my back. "I'm breaking up with you."

"No you're not," I insist, not moving my eyes from the page. 

"Yes, Y/N I-"

"You're not breaking up with me."

"Let me break up with you!" Carl says. He finally lets out a small laugh and I knew I had him back again. 

"No. I love you too much." 

Carl groans and grabs my book, which makes me giggle, folds the page corner and drops it on the floor. 

"Hey, be careful with my book!" I joke. 

Carl flips me over so he is hovering over me. "Be careful with that attitude," he smirks.

"Attitude? Who was the one trying to break up with me a minute ago?"

Carl rolls his eyes. "You know I couldn't do it."

"I know."

Carl leans down and kisses my forehead, moves his way down to my nose, and then gently places his lips on mine. He pulls away and whispers, "I would miss that too much."

"Me too," I whisper back, pulling his head down to kiss me again. "How'd the run go?" I ask with my lips still close to his. 

Carl pushes himself up and lays down next to me. I rest my head on his chest and my hand on his stomach. "Good," he sighs. "I mean, I wasn't really paying attention. I was too worried about what I was going to say to you that..." he trails off. 

"So you don't remember anything you got?"

"I cleared a shelf of canned vegetables. That's all I remember," he chuckles. "Are you sure I'm not a bother?"

"One hundred percent. I love you so fucking much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. This day went by so slow without you here."

Carl kisses the top of my head. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "I love you, too."

Short and sweet. Shorter than the ones I usually write haha.