New Date (Part 2)

Okay so I'm reading A Game of Thrones and Joffrey and Sansa have literally given me ideas for these imagines...

Also my classes start back up January 11 so I probably won't be writing as much after that  :( I'm really gonna try to get my work done early though so I will still have time to write. 

Update: I literally haven't written for a long time because I started school haha

Update: WOW WOW WOW as of January 7, 2021 at 11:19 am I am NUMBER ONE (1) in #carlgrimes out of 7.7k stories. ALMOST EIGHT THOUSAND STORIES I CAN'T. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

It's been an hour now and the sun is setting quite fast, making the store grow darker, and making me more nervous. Alexandria was the first place I haven't felt fear at night since the start of this whole thing. 

Carl has been wandering around the store blocking up any entrances and double-checking the locks on the doors, pushing furniture up against them, "just in case," he had said. We figure that either the group will be looking for us tomorrow morning or we'll find a way to break out on our own. Meanwhile, I'm sitting against the backside of the counter since its the only place in the store that's blocked off by a gate for employees to enter and exit the counter; well, the only blocked place besides the locked door that leads to the back. 

"Alright," Carl calls out, entering behind the counter and closing the gate behind him. "We're all good. I blocked every entrance and triple-checked everythi- are you okay?"

My knees are squeezed to my chest as my arms are wrapped around them and I must have an anxious expression on my face even though I tried to hide it. "Yeah, I'm fine, why?" I lie. 

"You just look... nervous or something."

I shake my head and loosen my grips around my knees. "No, I'm fine."

Carl nods slowly. "Alright, well you can take this spot for the night and I'll be in the corner over there," he motions to the front of the store. 

I quickly shake my head again and blurt out, "No, wait!"

Carl looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"I actually am nervous. I lied. Can you stay?"

Carl shuts the door again without hesitation. "Yeah," he breathes. "Of course." He slides down against the counter about three feet away from me. "What are you nervous about?" he asks, turning his head towards me. 

My face turns red in embarrassment and I shrug, not making eye contact with Carl. "I don't know, I guess I've just always been nervous at night since this whole thing started. Alexandria was the only place I've felt safe at night in a long time. It's stupid, I know."

"It's not stupid," Carl says immediately, looking at me. I ignore his stares, too embarrassed to look over at him. "Y/N, look at me," he says softly. I obey and he smiles. "It's not stupid. I promise."

I look down at my knees again and nod my head. A bang on the door causes me to freeze and lift my head up. The noise continues at the front of the store and I can feel my heart rate quicken. 

Carl stands up to see what's going on. "Walkers," he confirms. 

I don't say anything as I think about the worst possible outcomes of this situation. If it's a giant hoard of them they may be able to break through the glass... But what if we're stuck in here forever now? No, the group would find us... wouldn't they?

Carl sighs as he sits down again, this time as close as possible. He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me into him, rubbing his thumb on my arm. I freeze, unfamiliar with his touch. 

He notices my shock and whispers, "Y/N, you can lean on me."

I rest my head on his shoulder and let out a breath I've been holding. My body calms down completely and I feel much more safe all of a sudden. 

"They'll go away soon," he reassures me. "If we're quiet and stay still, they'll forget about us. You tired?"

"Well I was," I laugh. 

"If I stay with you will you sleep?"

I nod. "Probably. But it's fine, you don't have to-"

Before I can finish my sentence Carl scoops me up and places me in his lap so I'm facing him, wrapping his arms around my waist. My stomach flips but I try to ignore it as he skootches down until he's laying on the ground and I'm on top of him, resting my head on his chest. I'm really glad it's dark out so Carl can't see my beet red face. 

"You comfortable?"

"Yeah," I whisper back. 

"Good. You know, this has been the weirdest date I've ever been on. In fact, it's the only date I've been on."

I giggle and look up at him, feeling more comfortable. "I didn't ever think my first date would be in an abandoned store with dead people trying to kill us."

I close my eyes as Carl squeezes me into him and kisses the top of my head. "When you wake up, the walkers will be gone and we'll find a way to get out of here, okay?"

And he was right. 

I woke up still on top of Carl as he was rubbing my back. I open my eyes and stand up, Carl doing the same, his hand not leaving my waist. The bright sunlight is beaming through the windows, lighting up the entire store. There were no walkers in sight. 

"See?" he says, smiling down at me. 

I smile back. "I didn't doubt you, Carl." I follow him towards the door and help him remove everything he placed in front of it. 

When everything is cleared Carl chuckles as he looks at the door. "Look. The walkers almost got it open. Guess we found our way out." The door has been slightly cracked open, but still stuck. 

I shiver at the thought of the walkers being able to come in. Carl notices. 

"They wouldn't have come in. Not with all this... stuff in front of it. And they didn't come in, right?"

I nod. "Right," I whisper. 

Carl pulls on the door multiple times as it's broken and scraping on the floor with each pull, and when he finally manages to open it all the way he grabs my hand and pulls me outside with him in the warm sun. 

"We should do this again sometime," Carl says, still holding my hand as we walk down the road back to Alexandria. "Just without the jammed door and walkers."

FINALLY finished writing this one haha. I hope to get my schoolwork done early each week so I have time to write and stuff. 

Also how the hell do you spell 'skootched'? I spelled it 'scootched' but this thing told me it was wrong and told me it was 'skootched' but neither one looks right????