Stay

HEY IT'S BEEN FOREVER because I honestly forgot about this haha I got so happy remembering it though. SO I'M 19 and have been since June 11. I also went to Florida earlier in July so that was a lot of fun :) My job's going great, I'll be working on my Bachelor's come the fall, and I'm just at a decent spot in my life right now! Except I've been having such bad anxiety? I don't know about that one but I'm just satisfied with life at the moment.

WARNING: *slight* sexual abuse. Very slight. 

"How do I look?" I ask Carl, staring at myself in the mirror and flattening my shirt (the nicest one I could find). 

Carl takes a deep breath in as I turn to look at him. "You look..." he scans me up and down. "Well, you look like a human."

I roll my eyes and hit him on the arm. "Oh, shut up Carl. Seriously, is this okay? Do you think he'll like it?"

"I don't really give a shit what he thinks. And you shouldn't either."

I scoff. "Seriously Carl? What do you have against Ron? What did he ever do to you?"

Carl shrugs. "It's just... him. He annoys the fuck out of me and thinks he's all that. He doesn't deserve you."

"But I-" I pause for a moment. "Wait a minute... are you jealous? Is Carl jealous?"

He shakes his head quickly. "No? Why would I be jealous? I'm not jealous. I don't care- Ron's just... I'm not jealous, Y/N."

I giggle at his awkwardness. "Seriously, how do I look?"

Carl shrugs. "Fine." 

"Thanks," I say sarcastically. "Well, I should get going. We didn't really set a time, but he said to meet him by the lake around sunset." I peek out the window and see the sun sinking below the trees. I smile at Carl. "I'm so nervous."

He rolls his eyes and smirks. "Don't be. You'll be fine."

"You know you're going to hear every single detail about it when I get back, right?"

Carl groans, folding his arms. "You know I really won't care, right?" 

I shrug and head out of his room, a smile plastered onto my face that I can't get rid of. I really don't know why I'm so nervous, I've talked to Ron thousands of times. I think now I just don't want to scare him away. I'm seeing him differently now, and it has made me focus on how I act around him. Am I too annoying? Too loud? Too bothersome? What if I don't say the right thing? But I push those thoughts away when I see Ron smiling with his hands in his pockets. 

"Hey," he says when I get close enough.

I look down at the ground shyly, then back up at him. "Hi." 

"I was just thinking... maybe we could go back to my place and hangout? I didn't realize it was going to be this cold."

I'm so thankful Ron said that because I already have goosebumps on my arms. "Yeah, that sounds good," I giggle. Ron outstretches his hand and I grab it as he pulls me away. I look over to the left at the house and see that Carl's bedroom light is on and the curtains are open. Carl leans against the windowsill, but is quickly interested in something down by the gate when I look at him. I smile at his awkwardness. 

"So... wanna go up to my room?" Ron asks when we're inside his house. 

I nod. "Sure." All of our houses in Alexandria are pretty much built the same, so I don't really need to take much in. However, I let Ron lead the way because I don't know which room is his, obviously.