Plan

Okay first things first: Chandler said he would do the WAP dance if he reaches 2000 subs on twitch before October...  so go sub :) I'm just kinda addicted to writing these now. I really should do my homework but writing this is more fun. :) Also I got a 90 on my 10 question syllabus quiz. HOW DO I GET A QUESTION WRONG ON A FRICKIN SYLLABUS QUIZ. 

Oh also I know he wasn't there but I'm using Ron at the prison.

Word Count (including bold text): 1569

Glenn and Maggie have always been teasing Carl and I about liking each other. "Oh, shut up! We're just friends!" I always say. But in reality, I do like Carl. A lot. But he's told me he likes Enid so it's no use trying to chase after him. Besides, he's my best friend; we do everything together.  

Right now I'm just talking to Glenn when he says randomly, "Why don't you just tell him already, Y/N?"

"What?"

"Carl, you dipshit!" He jokes. "Tell him you like him."

"Glenn! I've told you a million times I don't like him and we're just friends," I lie. 

"Bullshit. I'm not stupid."

"He likes Enid, Glenn!"

"The way he looks at you tells me otherwise." Glenn smirks. 

I smile sarcastically and make my way to the tower. I'm on watch with Carl and Ron for a couple of hours. I make it to the top to see Ron and Carl talking.  

When Carl notices me he smiles rushing over to me. "Y/N!" he says while hugging me. 

"Hey, Carl. Hey, Ron!" I wave to Ron and he waves back and gives a small half-smile. 

"Dad said there hasn't been much activity today, nothing unusual. I can see that now, just a couple walkers over there," Carl says as he points out into the distance. 

I nod and sit down in one of the three chairs with a gun on my lap. Ron and Carl follow, and we sit in silence for a couple of minutes in the burning sun. 

"So," Ron says. "Do you guys want to go hunting after this?"

"I can't," Carl replies. "My dad asked me if I could try to figure out a plan to clear those walkers over there and fix that fence." Carl points in the direction of a group of walkers. 

"Oh, that's okay. Y/N, you still up for hunting?" Ron asks me. 

"I-"

"She can't," Carl cuts in. "She's helping me with it."

I look at Carl confused and he glances at me then back to Ron. 

"Does it take two? I mean there'll be one paper, right?" Ron asks sarcastically. "Y/N, you should come with me first and then you can help Carl. Or Carl you can show her the plan later or something."

"Ron, I-"

Carl cuts me off again. "She can't, Ron. My dad told both of us to help. It's not guaranteed our plan will work, but he needs it done by tomorrow. And both of us have to help."

"Well why don't you let her speak for her damn self!" Ron shouts. 

"Go ahead, Y/N," Carl says to me. "Speak for yourself." Carl gives me a warning glance that says 'trust me'. So I do.

"Yeah, sorry Ron. I do have to help. Maybe we can go another time?"

Ron calms down a bit after I say this and nods. "Yeah. Sure." 

After a while Maggie and Glenn come up and swap places with us. Ron opens the door to head downstairs and motions for me to go first. "Thanks," I say. Ron starts to go after me but Carl squishes his way in between Ron and I as we make our way down the stairs. When we open the door to bright sunlight Carl places an arm around my waist and pulls me away from the door towards the prison.