To Let You Know

Request from @McDonald77 (Paige)! Also this is my first time including Carl's POV so I'm kinda excited! You can also substitute your name in if you want :)

Paige POV:

"It's such a nice day out," I whisper to myself staring out the window of my living room. Too bad Carl's out helping Rick; I'll be bored all day. But Carl promised me we could hang out tomorrow and just have a 'best friends day', which sounds perfect to me. 

I sigh and exit my house, unsure of where I'm going, but I know I need to get out and at least take a walk or something. The sun is hot- not a gross hot, but the kind of hot that warms your skin. 

I see Michonne bouncing Judith on her hip while talking to Daryl in an urgent whisper. As soon as they see me approaching them they stop talking and turn towards me trying to act innocent. 

"I can take Judith for a while if you want," I tell Michonne, stretching out my arms and pretending that I didn't just see them looking extremely concerned.  

Michonne smiles and hands me Judith. "Thanks, Paige."

I smile and walk back to my house with Judith. "What do you wanna do today, Judith?" 

Judith, obviously, doesn't answer me and I kiss her cheek. I spot a soccer ball in Ron and Sam's yard and decide that we can play pass to kill some time. I kick the ball to the grass in the middle of Alexandria and set Judith down. I move a couple steps away from her and sit down myself. I push the soccer ball gently so it rolls to Judith. Judith laughs and pats the ball.

"Pass it back, Judy!" I say in a playful voice. Judith pushes the ball back to me. "Yay! Good job!"

When Judith gets the ball again she throws it up in the air a little bit and I laugh, causing her to giggle. 

Carl POV:

I finally finished helping my dad with the wall and now I'm trying to find Paige. We finished earlier than I thought, and I promised Paige we'd hang out tomorrow but now we can hang out the rest of the day today, too. 

She loves sunny days so I'm assuming she's outside, but I still go to her house anyway and knock on the door. No one answers so I know that I'm right about her being outside, which makes me smile. She's so fucking adorable. 

I go back to my house, which is next to hers, and plop down on the stairs of the porch. I look around, watching the people of Alexandria. Michonne and Daryl are having a conversation, Rosita and Abraham are guarding the gate, Eugene is messing with his solar panel- and then I finally find her. 

Paige is rolling a ball to Judith, who is laughing and smiling, which makes Paige smile. Her damn smile is so beautiful. I can't keep my eyes off of her at this point. Paige is so good with my sister; she genuinely cares about Judith and it warms my heart. 

I wish I could easily tell her how beautiful she is to me. But I know I would just be embarrassing myself and I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. 

Paige POV:

Judith grabs the ball and starts running while laughing, and I playfully chase after her, obviously letting her get ahead of me. 

"You're sneaky!" I tell her, and she giggles. 

Judith looks past me and drops the ball. "Carl," she says in the cutest voice. 

I look over to where Judith's attention is and see Carl staring at us on his porch steps. I'm slightly embarrassed but follow Judith's little run towards Carl. 

"Hey, Judy!" Carl says, pulling her up onto his lap. Judith laughs and hugs Carl around the neck. "How was your day? Did you have fun?"

Judith nods into Carl and I smile at how adorable she is. Carl looks up at me and blushes with a grin on his face. 

"What?" I ask, giggling. 

Carl shakes his head and looks back at Judith. "I'm going to bring you to daddy, okay?" Carl tells Judith, who nods. 

I start to head back to my house when Carl steps off of the porch, but he stops me. 

"Wait, stay here. I'll be right back."

I obey and sit back down on the steps, soaking in the heat. A few minute later Carl comes back and sits down next to me so our legs are touching. 

"You got done early," I say. 

"Yeah, didn't take as long as I thought. Now we have the rest of today and tomorrow together."

"So what do you want to do?" I ask, looking at him. 

Carl smirks, stands up, and holds out his hand. I take it and he pulls me up, then places a hand on my back to guide me into his house. His touch makes me blush, so it's a good thing he can't see my face right now. 

"I have to tell you something," Carl says.

"What?" I reply, spinning around to face him. 

He leans in and kisses my forehead gently, then pulls away.

I blush and whisper, "What was that for?"

"To thank you for making Judith happy." He then leans in and kisses my cheek. 

"What about that one?" I whisper again.

"To tell you how much you mean to me."

I smile and look down, but Carl places a hand on my cheek and I look back up at him. This time he hesitates before leaning in again and placing his lips softly on mine. He waits for a second to see if I will pull away, and when I don't he deepens the kiss and rubs his thumb back and forth on my cheek. 

We pull away slowly and I whisper, "And that one?"

"To let you know how much I love you," Carl whispers back. 

This one's a little shorter than usual but I didn't want to ruin it with too much! You know what I mean?