Wanna Bet?

I swear I'm going to have like 200 of these by the end of October lol. Might actually do Chandler imagines too but I honestly haven't decided yet. Still Carl ones for now. 

Word Count (including bold text): 1164

Carl's been acting really weird lately. He's been more touchy, more flirty, and more... smiley? Happy? Giddy? It's something I can't explain. 

I'm just laying on my bed reading a book when I hear a knock on my door. "Yeah?" I yell. The door opens and Carl is standing there holding some comic books. 

"Can I join you?" He asks, holding up the books. 

"Sure," I say, continuing back to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. 

Carl jumps onto my bed and moves close to me so our arms are touching. He chooses his comic and starts opening the book finding the page he left off on. 

"Do you have to be that loud?" I laugh. 

"Kind of," he replies with a smirk on his face. I shake my head and focus again. After a bit Carl sighs loudly and asks, "Do you want to practice with the throwing knives?"

"No," I reply without looking up. "I'm busy."

"You're just afraid that I'll be better than you."

"No I'm not," I say, placing a bookmark in my book and setting it aside. 

"You're right. You're not afraid because you know you'll be embarrassed because I'm better than you," he provokes. 

"That's not true," I object. 

Carl sits up now and I do the same. "Hell yeah it is."

"Wanna bet?" I ask sarcastically. 

"Definitely."

I think for a moment and then smirk. "Fine. If I win then you have to take my night watches for a week."

"Sure. And if I win you have to kiss me," Carl smirks. 

"What?!"

Carl shrugs. "What? If you're so much better than me you shouldn't even be worried about it."

I don't want him to know I'm not as confident in my skills as I'm acting like, so I just say, "I'm not. I'm just surprised by that bet."

"Who wouldn't want to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world?" he asks. 

I blush and playfully shove him thinking he was just being sarcastic. 

"Get your knives, meet me downstairs." With that he pulls his knives out of his pocket and heads downstairs. 

I grab the knives from my drawer and can't help thinking if Carl actually meant what he said. I head down to meet Carl refocusing on the task at hand- beating Carl. I really don't want to be in the tower at 3 am this week to take watch. 

"Ready?" Carl asks when I meet him in the kitchen. 

"Hell yes," I reply and we make our way to the targets by the gate. 

"Okay, we're going to each throw our knives and whoever gets the most points wins, okay?"

"Fine by me. This is gonna be easy as shit."

Carl smirks and throws his first knife. It hits the ring outside of the center. I throw all three of my knives and count my points before I look at the rest of his. 7 points. There's no way he would beat my 7. 

"Seven," I tell Carl. My face drops when I see two of his knives in the dead center and the one on the ring outside of the center. 

"Eight," he says smugly. 

"You cheated," I state.

"How did I cheat?" Carl laughs. 

"I don't know, you just did!" I argue.

"Y/N, you owe me that kiss. Fair and square."

"Whatever." I walk up to him and plant a kiss on his cheek.

Carl's eyebrows furrow. "You're kidding, right?"

I look at him confused.

"A real kiss, Y/N."

"Carl that wasn't in the rules!"

"Hey, I won the bet, I get a real kiss from the beautiful girl standing in front of me," Carl insists. 

I cross my arms. "Yeah? And what if I don't?" I provoke. 

Carl shrugs. "I mean we bet on this. So I guess I'd get to keep your knives."

"No! You are not taking my knives!" I argue. 

"But I won, so I either get a real kiss or your knives."

I roll my eyes. "I'm putting my knives away first." I never saw Carl in the cute-ass way I'm seeing him now since he keeps calling me beautiful. Damn feelings. We make our way back to my house with Carl's hand on my lower back. I put my knives back in the drawer and sigh. 

"Still beautiful," Carl whispers and I pretend not to hear him. 

I turn around and shyly step towards him. He gently grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. I never thought I'd be this nervous, I was thinking it was just a bet up until this moment. I place one hand on his arm and the other on his face. I lean in slowly and place my forehead on his, and our eyes both close. I can feel his breath on mine as our mouths are partially opened. I'm extremely close to him now, but I am too nervous to close the gap even though I know this is what we both were waiting for. 

"You're nervous," Carl states, not asks. 

I smile and nod slowly as I open my eyes and look into Carl's. 

"It's just a bet," he whispers. 

"No it's not," I reply, finally pressing my lips to his. He smiles into the kiss and so do I. He rubs his hands up and down my sides and slides his hand up my shirt onto my stomach. I grab the back of his neck and his back and pull him even closer to me. The hand that's in my shirt slides onto my back, and I finally pull away when I run out of breath. 

"That was an even better kiss than I was hoping for," Carl whispers. I smile at him, kiss his nose, and then hop onto my bed. "Excuse me," Carl laughs. "I'm not done holding you."

I laugh and Carl crawls onto the bed and wraps me in his arms. He kisses my neck repeatedly until I turn around to face him, still giggling. Carl then kisses me quickly on the lips and I hide my face in his chest. 

"I'm also not done admiring your face," he adds, lifting my chin up with his finger. "How are you so damn adorable?" 

"Well I think you are very handsome yourself," I say quietly, still nervous. My stomach flips and Carl smiles which melts my heart. 

"You're still nervous," Carl states again.

I don't say anything, but I bury my head into his neck. 

Carl whispers, "Do you want me to let go?"

"That's the last thing I want you to do." I kiss his neck and he hugs me tighter. 

"I need to win bets more often."

A little shorter than what I've been doing but like I didn't want to overkill it, you know? Also this has got to be one of my favorite ones I've written like I don't know I think it's adorable.