Is That My Shirt?

I just wanted to say thank you to all the readers and votes :) It makes me happy that you are enjoying this (hopefully) and I literally love making these. You can send in requests!

Word Count (including bold text): 1164

"Shit," I mutter as I fall arms first into the mud. I was only trying to be helpful by bringing up a tub of water to wash my laundry myself this time, but I tripped over nothing, as usual. Last time I tried to do this, Carl told me to ask for help from him because I also tripped and fell, spraining my ankle. But I wanted to be independent and not bother anyone. 

"I'm not weak," I had said. 

"Babe, I know you're not weak but you're clumsy," Carl reminded me. "But that's why I love you."

Now he's going to get upset that I didn't ask him for help- not because he's mad but because he cares for me and doesn't want me getting hurt again. Fortunately I didn't hurt myself in any way, it was only my shirt and pants that got covered in filthy mud. I toss the now empty tub back to where it was and trudge back to the houses. Since I need to wash my clothes, I head into Carl's house and decide to borrow one of his shirts. I'll just pretend I missed him (although I already do miss him and it's only been 3 hours since I last saw him) and wanted to be comfortable while waiting for him to get back. 

I dig through his closet to find my favorite shirt of his- a blue and white flannel. I have a flannel similar so maybe he won't notice at all. I strip myself of my pants and shirt, careful not to get mud all over the floor, and button up the flannel once I put it on. I swiftly pack the clothes in my backpack to wash later. 

"Is that my shirt?" I hear a voice say. 

I quickly stand up and turn around to face Carl who has his arms crossed and is leaning against the doorway. "No," I say. Carl looks me up and down noticing the extra long shirt and the way the sleeves go past my hands. "It's not," I repeat. 

He hides the smirk on his face. "When did your flannel get so big on you? I remember it being a bit smaller."

"Crazy, right?" I nervously giggle. 

"Y/N, not that you don't look adorable in my shirt, but why? Weren't you just wearing your sweatshirt like three hours ago?"

"I mean, yeah, but I like this one better."

"You're acting awfully suspicious. What's up with that?" Carl knows me too well. I'm also a terrible liar. I can still see him trying to hide his smirk. 

"Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about," I say trying to be as least suspicious as possible. 

"Where are your clothes you came here with?"

"Why does that matter?" I reply sarcastically. 

"I'm just curious. Usually you fold them neatly and place them on my desk so they 'don't get wrinkled'."

"Oh, yeah. Well I forgot and just stuffed them in my bag. It's fine. Can we cuddle now?" I ask trying to change the subject. 

Instead of answering me Carl grabs my bag, unzips it, and pulls out my shirt that is covered in mud. He instantly knows what happened- although I'm sure he already figured it out. "Mhm, and how did this happen, Y/N?" But he already knew the answer. 

I look down at my feet. He walks over to me and lifts my chin up. He plants a kiss on my lips. "I'm sorry," I whisper. 

"Don't apologize, I'm not mad. I just wish you would have told me. Don't be embarrassed by needing help. You're my clumsy girl and I love you. Please ask me or someone else for help, I don't want you getting hurt again, okay?"

I nod. "I just didn't want to bother you; I wanted to be independent," I say. 

"And I don't want you to get hurt. I love you too much."

"I love you too, Carl. Can we cuddle now?"

He smiles and lifts me up, dropping me on the bed. I laugh and he kisses my forehead as he lies down next to me. "You know, I could get used to you wearing my shirts."

I snuggle closer to Carl laying my head on his chest. After a few minutes Rick's voice echoes throughout the house. "Carl!" He yells. 

"Yeah?" Carl yells back. 

"Come down here for a minute, I need your help with something tomorrow!"

"Let's go," Carl says to me. 

"Carl he called for you, not me!"

"I don't care, I don't want to be without you right now."

"It's not like I'm going anywhere," I laugh. "You're going to be gone for like two minutes!"

"Do I have to carry you out?" Carl warns. 

"No..." I mumble, standing up. 

"Come on," Carl places a hand on my back guiding me downstairs. 

Rick talks to Carl about clearing walkers outside of Alexandria's fence tomorrow, and the whole time his hand rests on my back. We stand behind the counter and after a few minutes he slowly moves his hand down to my butt. I push his hand away in embarrassment because Rick is right there, but he moves it back. I can't help but smile at his cute stupidity. 

After Rick is finished talking he heads outside of the house and Carl and I make our way back to his room. When he closes the door I playfully smack his arm. "The hell was that for?"

He laughs and says, "I can't help it. I love you." I roll my eyes and rest on the window observing Alexandria. Carl wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "What, you're not going to say it back?" He teases. 

"I love you, but you're an asshole," I joke. 

"Karma for not listening to me," he whispers. He keeps kissing my neck softly until I start giggling. "What?" He asks.

"You know what!"

He laughs and makes a trail of kisses leading to my cheek. He spins me around and presses his lips to mine. He pushes me against the window roughly. 

"Carl, not against the window, everyone will see us," I tell him.

"I don't care. I guess they'll know you're mine then, huh?" My stomach flips at his words and he kisses me again more roughly than last time. 

When we finally pull away he lifts me up by the back of my legs and sits on the bed with me in his lap. "Why are you being so cute today?" I ask. 

"Just to show my girlfriend how much she means to me so maybe she'll ask for help next time." He pulls me closer to him and I rest my head on his shoulder as he hugs me tight. "You will do that, right?"

"Only for you, Carl," I say, kissing his shoulder. 

GIVE ME A CARL. PLEASE.